Cultivated Reef

My work 2.5

LikemyRams

i just got 2 2.5 nanos at a fish store close out they were moving they are awesome they have stands and conopy's with them i'm debating putting my 150w 20k hqi over one of them with 2 fans blowing on it does anyone think this will work? i know it gets hot but i can keep my hand under it for a long time without getting burnt, i would be able to put my clam and sps in a 2.5 that would be awesome i set they other one up today put live sand and rock from my 10g out of the sump/ref that tank does really good but it totaally looks ghetto these 2.5's look so clean and neat id love to split the 10 up into 2 of these but i just got my mh like 3 weeks ago and want to use it.

i'm debating putting my 150w 20k hqi over one of them with 2 fans blowing on it does anyone think this will work?

Bad Idea on such a small tank. Evap would be HELL!

Originally posted by caja

Sweet little tank. It really looks bigger than it actually is.

yeah, it looks like my 7. keep up updated.

Originally posted by LikemyRams

Strictly Fish  

Lakewood,Ca

562-421-9106

It's a 50/50 10k & 03 no brand name on the box or ballast bulb has Sun Day ??

• 2 weeks later...

well i got my 2.5's up and running i used the 150 hqi and it seems good it does evap a good amount of h20 but i added a ref so that helped i put 2 3 in. fans on it too and it seems ok but nothing likes the light but sps and clams had to move all lps and softies to other tank i try to post pics but it says there too big and when i down size the pixels it zooms in too much to see anything any help would be great

jdepp,

Irfanview is the greatest -- free for personal use. Use the resize/resample function, set for 'highest quality' and 599 pixels wide (it will pick the proper height automatically), then just re-save your pics and upload.

Archived