inTank Media Baskets

Just got my Mighty Mite in the mail.

dweebikus

After a little over 2 years of reefkeeping I finally got an RO/DI...please don't hang me. I'm so excited, just wanted to share the excitement. :P

I have no idea, hopefully it won't spike my water bill too much.

I'm supposed to dump the first gallon or two right?

I got a question. Does the waste water flow out more than the RODI water? How long does the mighty take to make 1 gallon of Rodi? What is the percentage of waste water for 1 gallon of RODI?

Thanks

Brad

Dependson the unit..maybe 3 to 1. For every one gallon of good/di water you get 3 gallons of waste water. But actually its not really waste water. I used to use this waste water for my freshwater tank and everything flourished. Hell even the snails loved it and kept spawning so I knew that any large amounts of chlorine werent really getting into the freshwater tank. You could also drink it. Taste it and see what it tastes like. Mine always taste better than tap anyways :)

Dependson the unit..maybe 3 to 1. For every one gallon of good/di water you get 3 gallons of waste water. But actually its not really waste water. I used to use this waste water for my freshwater tank and everything flourished. Hell even the snails loved it and kept spawning so I knew that any large amounts of chlorine werent really getting into the freshwater tank. You could also drink it. Taste it and see what it tastes like. Mine always taste better than tap anyways :)

Thats not bad I was thinking it was like 1 Gallon of RODI to 20 gallons ofwaste. I will use it to water the flowers around the yard.We got a ton of flowers I water everynight about 20 gallons.

Brad

LOL only a reefer will get excited on a water filtering system. >.>

:happy:

:haha:

A little sad... But oh so true!!!

I actually made a facebook update against my better judgment when i made my first 5 gallons of water. My wife then spent the next day rolling her eyes at me. :P

So far it's great. Living in an apartment it's super easy to set up and store. We'll see what the 1st water bill looks like, but I'm sure it's cheaper than buying water each week. The time and convenience for me is worth any difference in price.

When you order one just tell them how you are setting it up and they will send you the right connections. I have the same one and its outside and hocks up to the garden hose

When you order one just tell them how you are setting it up and they will send you the right connections. I have the same one and its outside and hocks up to the garden hose

i'm in a condo so I don't have a garden hose or even a place to hard wire it in.

I need to make sure that I can hook it up to a sink or tub & then put it away when i'm finished ......

Yep, I'm in basically the same situation and it's perfect. I just screw it in to my sink faucet head and turn it on.

Archived