Innovative Marine Aquariums

most sought after zoanthid

thisanthrope

I am new to all corals but my favorite by far are the zoos. so my question is, whats the nicest looking zoanthid out there? and hardest to find.

the ghost orchid of zoos.

interesting....

have you seen these. they were found off the cost of mexico.

people have reported see the face of jesus in them.

i just got some yesterday and i wanted to know if it's normal that the polyps close when i turn off the light.

i don't have a timer yet so it's a manual on/off switch :P

zoo.JPG

tiny, snipe zoos are so easy to find.

head down to the shore with a pillowcase and a flashlight after midnight.

stand about shoulder deep and whistle like this: woooh woooh wooooh woootahh.

then thrust the pillowcase into the water, let it billow out and start shining the flashlight on the water. when you see the zoos, simply swipe them up in the pillow case.

got me a tank full that way.

crak, that's atlantic snipe tho. they grow like weeds. the pacific snipe are the rare type. especially those that spawn during the full moon. make sure you wear your rubbers. :x it's funny tho, you collect them the same way.

adin, i think he's just happy to see you. :blush:

oh man! perun's are nice. not bad priced either.

Im looking for the ones on the DISCOVER mouse over button here at nano-reef. ever seen anybody selling those?

spemin: my zoos close up after dark as well. nothing to worry about.

what Im worrying about is I got some zoo frags last week and only about 3 or 4 have opened up. seems the rest are really pist.

dont even know what color they are to see if I got a good deal!

I wonder if overnighting them instead of standard mail would of made the difference?

I also heard rubbing peanut butter over your hands will get the stink off from handling the snipe zoanthids.

happy hunting.

Originally posted by thisanthrope

Im looking for the ones on the DISCOVER mouse over button here at nano-reef.  ever seen anybody selling those?

like these:

zoos3.jpg

to bad you're not in Cali, I've given a few of these away to some local reefers.

-skeletor-

thisanthrope,

The zoos in the discover button are from my tank. I got them from Anthony at Aquadesignz.com.

Here is a larger pic of them.

082503rightside.jpg

Gil

Archived