Coral Vue Hydros

Frogspawn is gone?

Bikelock

I just got a frogspawn frag with 2 heads on it on friday. Acclimated per instructions and seemed to be happy. It was opening up fairly well. Well this afternoon one of the heads was gone and the other is detaching. Every thing else looks alright but not the happiest they could be. Other inhabitants include a candy cane, kenya tree, multiple zoos, and some hairy mushrooms, 2 astrea, 1 blue leg hermit. Anybody have any clue to what happened.

I have a 5gal minibow with 7+lbs LR 4x13w 50/50

Ammonia 0.0

NO2 0.0

NO3 0.0

As of Sunday at 10:00pm

My temp has been running a little high in the 82-84 range.

that sux d00d. :(

chances are it was unhealthy before you got it.

test your salinity and PH. perhaps that is a factor, but I doubt it.

where did you get it from, and how long was it there ? chances are it was a " Surviving" part of a colony that got beat up in shipping, and was seperated from the dead.

Thanks Dave.

I got it from Bryan at Logical Reef so I do not know the history of it. But every thing else seems to be doing fine.

Should I try to rescue the remaing part or junk it?

I think he got it from somebody else. I made a somewhat large order to minimize the shipping cost and he found me some. The LFS here sux with coral selection. They all look dead in the display and all their fish look like they have ich.

yeah they SUCK ROYALY in transit.

I'd say it got jostled around and some slapmonkey at the airport, or DEAD-EX drop kicked it onto the lading skid for the truck.

the tissues tear easily on the LPS with large skeletal ridges unfortunately, and RTN (Rapid Tissue Necrocy) sets in very quickly and occasionaly BROWN JELLY is the culprate.

sorry d00d.

if its any consolation, I lost my favorite colony of Froggy in my 37 gallon tank this summer due to a high heat index in the apartment... it was a prized coral, saddly, it now is a home for worms and the skeleton is getting covered in Hydonopora (fire coral), so it still is a "living metamorphic cycle of life". :)

Don't sweat it (or blame Bryan) they just suck shipping.

Oh no I do not blame Bryan what so ever. The packaging was very impressive and his customer service was far and away beyond what any other vendor has ever given me. We spent a good few days putting this order together and all I can say I will do buisness with him again. Thanks again Dave for the imformative answer, and sorry to hear about your loss. I will also keep the skelton in the tank as I love these corals, and will soon replace it.

Archived