Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bubbles Yes/No?

gbishop

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any benefit to using the aeration tube on one of my ph. I have seen air stones used in some of the tanks at one of the lfs and wonder if it is a good idea?

My tank is 6 weeks old this Friday and as yet only has the cleanup crew in. I am thinking of adding my first coral soon and was wondering if it was a good/bad idea to add an anenome and a clown, or just start with soft corals and let the tank mature a bit before adding a fish?

Thanks in advance

Gary

bishop, you can try the aeration tube but i think you'll find it creates far too many bubbles after a while.

as to the fish or coral first, reh's right, there's a split on that issue. i personally go with fish first since they're messier but others; for example: espi, goes corals first then fish. there's points to either side.

the anemone issue is even touchier. the main issue for anemones for me is that they move fast relative to corals. they can either sting or smother corals. others are concerned about meeting the lighting requirements of anemones which in many cases can be much greater than coral needs (especially for the typical starter corals).

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies...

I think I will leave the bubbles for now, makes for a clearer view.

As for the corals/fish, I will take advice from the local lfs next time I visit, depending on what stocks are available.

Cheers

Archived