Pod Your Reef

Guia X's 120g Oceanic Tech Aquarium

guia x

Yeah i used to have about 25 at one point but now I'm down to 9. All the small ones, except two, are gone. The others are the 3-4" ones. I'm just glad I still have the blue teardrop as that is my favorite. Atleast I know what going on with the clams. I don't know what's wrong with my LPS. My chalices and favias are all receding. Only thing I could think of is that my water got too clean with the new TM Bioactif salt and the Biopellets. I've been feeding alot but now have cyano growing on some parts of my tank. I need to scoop them out as they are competing for the nutrients. I just haven't had much time to fix what's wrong with the tank lately but I have to get on it before I crash it.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah TM Bio Actif salt. It looks like it's working as advertised. I still have cyano but I think I could fix that by adding more flow to the tank. The cyano is pretty much only on one side of the tank which I suspect doesn't have much flow. It's also the only part of the tank that zoas like to grow in so the nutrients must like to collect on that part of the tank. I plan on adding another vortech pump. I think an MP10wES or two. I don't have the money for it yet so I'll just put my korallia 1 in for now and see how that works. If it helps then I know I really need to add more flow.

I've been feeding my sun coral tank quite heavily lately too. I've been feeding cyclopeze and phyto feast everyday and I put alot. There is not a single spot of cyano in there since I have alot of flow going with the two MP10wES.

Also, I used to have alot of cyano in my 28g nanocube but now since switching to TM Bio Actif, I don't have any in there anymore. So I know the salt is working well.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow just found this thread haven't read the hole thing so I'll wait to add to much. but dang the first couple pages look great.

Archived