Pod Your Reef

Round MH Reflectors

Xavier

Where's a good place to find a round, flat, MH reflector? I've found plenty if long flat reflectors for PCs, but not sure if they're thick enough gauge for MH (or does that even matter). Any recommendations?

I figured as much, but wanted to make certain... I've already had some heat issues with the MH and didn't want to cause more. I currently have a reflector in the hood, but I was curious if there is a better, flat, reflector for MH then the standard PC ones.

look into parabolic reflectors from champion lighting ( I think they are called Spyder or spider lights) Also if heat is an issue, get a bigger CFM fan ;)

Good to see you again ESPI... doing well?

how well do those parabolics work with HQI bulbs? I'll need to cover the hood with a glass sheet and I think the parabolics are to high to fit in my retro as-is... that's why I was going to go with just a flat reflector. The MH I've setup is a 250W HQI with a 55W PC Actinic over a 29g, so it's plenty of light even if there is some loss... It currently has one fan that blows in... I may add a second to the other side as exhaust...

Archived