Top Shelf Aquatics

3 Month pictures of my 20H

Kicbak

Originally posted by Kicbak

I'm not sure how fast my webserver and database is so If you have problems with the photo pages, let me know.

Thanks

no problems, loaded pretty fast. nice looking tank. only 3 months old? wow!

Yea, I have had it a few weeks. It gaped off and on the first few days. I was dosing DT's only. Once I switched to scrubbing the glass and DT's hes been happy. Growing well.

Kicbak

Looks like coralline is growing good. It's possible the clam will do just fine(what inda lighting was in there?). Dont forget to feed it heavily if it is small. Some say bowl feed, some say in a Nano, It isn;t neccessary. Verdict is still up in the air. I think the concensus here at NR.com is bowl feeding. Have fun with it.

Yea the clam has been very stable since I started scraping the glass and using Dts just twice a week. I haven't seen any problems with it. But I always change 2 gallons of water a week.

After talking with fellow reef nuts at my local meetings we came to the consenus that it should be fine.

Other then the clam. Any other comments?

Looks like you have good water motion in there. As far as the clam goes, I would probably up the DT's to 3 or 4 times a week, unless you are feeding w/ other things such as kents phyto/zooplex, or marine snow. I dig the way everything is "swaying"

Yea I think you're right. I'm going to switch to 3 times a week and after a few weeks prolly go up again to 4 times. I'd like to see the difference in growth in relation to feedings.

Also you can chek DT's website for more info, also do a google search for amount to feed. I use Liquidlife's bioplankton 3 times a week, and marine snow 2 times, w/ a fast on mondays and thursdays. That liquidlife stuff is great. Albeit expensive But my corals seem to like it more than the DT's. It is much more concentrated as well. http://www.liquidlifeusa.com/

See the orientation of the clam in my avatar, he's been like that for a while, this morning, i turned him perpendicular to the glass :o OMG he's grown at least 1/2 inch in the month and a half I've had him....Better get that 120G going soon.......

P.S. What kinda lighting ;)

I purchased some marine snow a few weeks ago and I think I should try that in concert with the DTs and see how it goes. I will check out the liquid life as well.

I am running CSL 2x65 pcs, 1 10k and 1 03

Archived