Coral Vue Hydros

Water Chemestry Results for Solana 9 days into cycle

Lone-Wolf

Water Chemestry Results for Solana 9 days into cycle.... I am using IO Salt which apparently has really low Calcium....

Any suggestions on how to raise Calcium levels would be appreciated....

pH 8.2

Salinity 1.022

Temp 79

Ammonia 0.6 ppm

Nitrite 0.0 ppm

Nitrate 17.6 ppm

Calcium 325

Alkalinity 158

The Reef Chemestry Calculator suggests the following for ESV B-Ionic

My question is about the initial amount of B-Ionic initially required to increase calcium... I know it would be added over several days (approx 60ml/day over 3 days)

During the addition of the solution during this period I would not add the 2 part of the solution?

Would I wait until levels are at goals before starting 2 part routine

Results for Calcium

Ca Increase: 95 ppm

Water Vol: 30 gallons

Using:

ESV B-Ionic Original

Will Require:

or: 178.1 ml;

6 fl oz;

35.6 tsp

Effect in PH: Minimal.

Balanced Alk is:

2.95 meq/l at 420 ppm Ca

NOTES:

Do not dose all at once although it may be ok to do so, It is not recommended. Dose 1/3 to 1/2 and the next day test, check your levels and then dose another portion.

Results for Alkalinity

Alk Increase: 5 ppm

Water Vol: 30 gallons

Using:

ESV B-Ionic Original

Will Require:

or: 4.1 ml;

0.1 fl oz;

0.8 tsp

Effect in PH: Substantially Higher!

Balanced Ca is:

424 ppm at 160 ppm Alk

NOTES:

Do not dose all at once. This should be slowly dosed into your aquarium. Monitor pH while dosing. Do not allow immediate impact of pH to be more than +/-0.20.

lakshwadeep

Your tank is too new, IMO, for you to know that the calcium levels will be this low after the cycle is finished. Just like the nitrogenous compounds, other parameters like pH, alkalinity, and calcium will fluctuate in a new tank.

Yes, you would only dose the calcium (which is component #2 for b-ionic). 380-450 ppm is the normal range. Anyway, you shouldn't worry about calcium levels too much until you observe them getting significantly lower between water changes.

^^^ what he said.

And on another note I too have the Solana and I filled it up w/o rocks and was right at 30g. So if you have rocks/sand in there, you should be closer to the 22g-25g range.

Archived