SaltCritters.com

OwNeD162's 15G Long

owned162

Wow! tank is looking fantastic :wub: the red chalice is too much for mah eyes :eek:

Thanks envy :D!

Yer, I love my red chalice, it has grown so much since I got it! I'll have to frag it soon and send some to the States :P

Some new corals that will be arriving friday :D!

P1010008-2.JPG

P6100070-1.JPG

P6240016-1.JPG

And some Zoa frags I'll be getting in the next few weeks:

Ice Fire

20090607110351th_IMG_5376.jpg

Eagle Eye

20090507230641th_IMG_3095v3.jpg

Yellow

20090509200658th_IMG_4789v2.jpg

Blue with Fluro Green

20090607111337th_IMG_5254.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome job ! I'm in process of setting up a 15g, yours looks so nice... What did you use as the "black backing" on the 2 wall sides of the tank?

Just re-posting my latest pictures due to the database crash :)

Purple Star Polyps

P1070276.jpg

P1070207.jpg

Beautiful Blue Zoas

P1070220.jpg

P1070258.jpg

Pink Zoas

P1070243.jpg

Orange Plate

P1070253.jpg

Sun Coral

P1070252.jpg

FTS 070709

P1070193.jpg

Thanks for looking :D!

Paleoreef103

I want your gray zoas. Seriously. If anyone in the states has them, I want. Looks great. Have you managed to feed your biscuit star? How's it doing?

Hey everyone, new photo time :D!

Here are my new zoas :)

Fire and Ice

IMG_2738.jpg

Yellow (they are very bright)

IMG_2740.jpg

Blue with Green Skirts

IMG_2744.jpg

My Sun coral fully out for feeding time :)

IMG_2720.jpg

And two shots to show the growth of my hammer :D!

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

Then this photo just cause I thought it looked like the actual ocean going on forever in the background :)

IMG_2748.jpg

I want your gray zoas. Seriously. If anyone in the states has them, I want. Looks great. Have you managed to feed your biscuit star? How's it doing?

Haha, thanks, the grey zoas came from a store in Perth (on the west coast) and I'm in Brisbane (on the east coast) :)

Cheers :D!

The biscuit star feeds himself, he picks up any left over food, and just eats algae off the rocks, he's doing really well, he's always on the move (even thought its extremely slowly :P), and I think he may have grown a bit since I first noticed him :)

I forsee a biscuit fad starting in the very near future.....

Great tank and use of space in the 15!

Yes, me too, a lot of people have been asking me where I got mine, and what care they need, etc... They're great looking starfish though :)

Thanks :D! It is a struggle to fit stuff in there, but somehow I work it out :)

• 2 months later...

Well its been ages since I've posted an update, sorry about that.

Not much has changed, apart from the fact aptasia are starting to take over, and so is bryopsis :(

Here are some pics :)

FTS (checkout how much the chalice has grown to my previous posts):

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

New frag rack:

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

My thriving acan :)

IMG_2975.jpg

Aptasia :(

IMG_2977.jpg

Byropsis :(

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

I'm going to be starting mag dosing soon to kill the byropsis, and I've got some Joes Juice on order, along with a few peppermint shrimp... I'm also researching vodka dosing as I think I'd like to start that :)

Great looking tank. Those are some monster aiptasia gl with getting rid of them

Cheers :)

Yer, they're pretty huge, and there's about 10 that size around the tank :(... I'm gonna need all the luck I can get!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Great lookin tank mitchell. Thanks for stopping by and dropping a line on my thread or I probably would have never seen this great piece of reef. Good luck, or shall I say Cheers mate!

Great lookin tank mitchell. Thanks for stopping by and dropping a line on my thread or I probably would have never seen this great piece of reef. Good luck, or shall I say Cheers mate!

Thanks man :)! Unfortunately its changed so much since my last photo update, and not for the better :(.. Still fighting an ongoing battle with bryopsis, and lost all my zoas to peppermint shrimp. But it's still running, I pretty much just keep it going so that when I move out in the next 12months I can upgrade and bring everything with me :)!

Haha, cheers indeed, or G'Day :P

pics of the biscuit?

Unfortunately the biscuit died, asked a few people about what they thought it could be, but no one really seemed to know, he just kind of 'disintegrated'.. I decided not to replace him, as they feed off sponge and I didn't want to have to keep buying sponge.

Archived