SaltCritters.com

ID MY ZOA, there are 3 if you look closely

northstar1357

northstar1357
Why are you harassing it? Does it look like this?

worm3.jpg

If so, leave him alone!

Yes, it looks similar. but the one i found was really small. I read an article that they are dangerous...

northstar1357

Curious, i have a monti cap in my Nanocube for 2 weeks now, will it thrive or only survive with stock lighting?

Its a orange monti cap.

i figure that NC12 has 48Watts and 3-4 gallons goes to filter chamber so 8 gallons of water left in display. also i placed it all the way at the top see picture above.

Hahaha! I just noticed your 3-spot damsel muscled the clowns out of the BTA. I'd recommend you get rid of the 3-spot because they get BIG, they're territorial, and he's already pushed the clowns out of the BTA. I'll probably never have another damsel in a "nano" with clowns after my experience. The BTA is looking really good though. You decided to keep it I assume?

Don't have any experience with SPS, but friends that keep SPS all have excellent flow in their tanks. I see you have a k-nano or k-1 pointed right at it, so I don't think there's much more you can do for it in terms of lighting and flow.

northstar1357
Hahaha! I just noticed your 3-spot damsel muscled the clowns out of the BTA. I'd recommend you get rid of the 3-spot because they get BIG, they're territorial, and he's already pushed the clowns out of the BTA. I'll probably never have another damsel in a "nano" with clowns after my experience. The BTA is looking really good though. You decided to keep it I assume?

Don't have any experience with SPS, but friends that keep SPS all have excellent flow in their tanks. I see you have a k-nano or k-1 pointed right at it, so I don't think there's much more you can do for it in terms of lighting and flow.

yeah, that damsel was a pain in the butt, i gave it away. but now my clownfish are breathing hard. Yesterday when i acclimated it was fine. I do see that my two clownfish are starting to fight again. The weird thing is that they take turns hosting the anemone. they alternate everyday.

Aways with the SPS, do i need to dose my tank with part A B? i've checked my calcium. it went from 420 to 380 in a week. that was before i added the anemone. Dr.Ste and foster site stats that anemone need a little calcium too so would that deplete my calcium level more?

Thanks

Here is a picture of my tank today, i rearranged the rocks a little because i couldnt find a solid place for the nem.

DSCN7323.jpg

My clownfish at the lower right hand corners stayed there for 5 hours now. breathing a little hard

• 3 weeks later...
northstar1357

New Coral! please ID THIS ZOA.

DSCN7470.jpg

I got it for 7 bucks from my local fishstore. there are three different zoanthids. also there is a mini coral that looks like a red bubble anemone but is extremely small. like 1/4 of a inch.

Also Monti cap grew. pretty nice under PC

DSCN7465.jpg

Archived