SaltCritters.com

Fastest Growing Branching SPS Corals

DBTReefer

Depends entirely on your lighting and the flow in your tank I believe. Not to mention various water quality factors.

i think the posts above are very true and to really find out you would need testing and all that...but w/ metal halide and a nice stable tank w/ no dosing, im pretty sure birdnest grow the quickest

revaltion131

IME, in the same tank, same stats, all that junk, Bird's Nest corals are far and above the fastest growing, branching-type SPS.

angelacbishop

Acros and digis can grow quickly too. A lot of times it depends on the specimin itself and how well suited it is for your tank.

corallineadam

depends on your tank

+1 to reefdan... birdsnests are "fast" growers

+1 to angela... many montipora sp and many acropora sp will be "fast" growing SPS

angelacbishop
IME, in the same tank, same stats, all that junk, Bird's Nest corals are far and above the fastest growing, branching-type SPS.

In my T-5 lit 60 gallon, my fastest growing SPS are a green acro and a german blue polyp digi. They have far surpassed the 4 types of birdsnests I have growing in there. In general though, I think your statement is usually true.

Wow, thanks everyone! My tank will be lit by a 30" sundial with 4 24 watt t5 bulbs. Flow will be from a Koralia 1 and a Koralia nano, as well as my Eshopps HOB skimmer. About a 23x turnover per hour. Hopefully everything above will still apply, cause those are all of the corals i want, especially the green bali slimer. Thanks again.

reefpets.com

In my tanks Valida Acropora grow the fastest. I get a lot of growth out of Birds Nest but I get more from Valida species.

Archived