inTank Media Baskets

Killing Red Bugs and AEFW with Revive

scottyreef

how crazy is that, i was just looking for info on dipping corals for redbugs and voila, this thread was recently revived (excuse the pun). lol

i have a nice colony of strawberry shortcake that is covered in RBs. imma dip today!

and you are right, at the least, ull have a nice dipping product. i love revive and use it all the time. i had a huge flatworm problem and dipped EVERYTHING before putting it in my new tank and my tank is flatworm freeeeeeee!

I'm mixing fresh sw right now for my wc. I'll be dipping this evening after work. I'm still going to qt them after the dip and watch em. Maybe dip again in a few days. The lfs just got in some nice acros, and my favorite one, white with a nice blue on the tips. Prob hold off a while before adding them to make sute the rb are dead. I would hate to buy a super nice piece only to have it brown out with the bugs.

Well I dipped my two rb infested corals today. I left them in the tankwater/revive bath for 15 mins exactly. I will say that as of now I don't see any rb, however one of the two bleached pretty bad. The second one still has color but did fade a bit. Only time will tell now.

Archived