Top Shelf Aquatics

starter corals

mkhan

Mushrooms, polyps, colt coral, bubble coral and fan worms are fairly easy to care for.

The bubble coral needs to be hand fed some meaty foods and fan worms are filter feeders so they need photoplankton or something of that sort.

92 gallons is a pretty big nano:).

ok, first off, has the tank cycled? If not then you ain't adding corals.

Once it's cycled you can think about adding livestock. Prior to adding corals, do some research to see if the lighting over the tank will be sufficient for keeping the corals you want.

I think you are referring to these :

----------------------------

Mushrooms, polyps, colt coral, bubble coral and fan worms are fairly easy to care for.

The bubble coral needs to be hand fed some meaty foods and fan worms are filter feeders so they need photoplankton or something of that sort.

--------------------------------------

I personally don't feed my mushrooms or my button polyps. If you can give us the names of your coral's then we will be better able to give you suggestions.

Tony

By meaty foods I mean frozen shrimp/krill, silver sides, squid, clam, most fresh or frozen sea food that hasn't been cooked.

Search for the corals you have to see what it's needs are. You should really do that before you by the coral(s) though.

Alot of corals are photosenthetic and use the light to make their food so they really don't need any supplemented food. Others are non photosenthetic or filter feeders so they need to be fed.

Depending on the coral it may need to be fed once a week, a few times a week or only once a month or so.

Study, study, study.

donteatthenano

Pulsing Xenia. I hear it that it doesn't ship very well so you may want to consider buying it from your lfs. It was the first coral I put in my tank and I love it. It spreads like mad and is super easy to prop and care for. So you can share it with your friends and possibly trade with it. I'd almost say it's a new tank's best friend.

weed ah bouk d00d.

yer here 2 days, and are already drooling in 2 sub forums.

You should spend 2 weeks reading in the beginners forum and the INFORMATION section of this site.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a cabbage patch, disy pollen, button pollen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean cabbage leather, daisy polyps, and button polyps right?

If you still need to find out how to take care of them then you will only need to search for them. I am sure that someone has had experience with them and has already posted good way's to keep those corals happy. As far as beginner coral's you can search for that too. The key I have found is to search differently for the same thing. You could do this when looking for the daisy polyps start with : "daisy polyps", then search for "daisy" then for "daisy care". That way you can get the most info and it will be a lot faster than posting and waiting for a response.

Tony

Archived