Innovative Marine Aquariums

Custom Sealife compact?

seahorse

I am going to set up a 10 G. nano reef.......has anyone had any experience or know of Custom Sealife Compacts.......the one I am considering has (2) 40W one ultra daylight and 1 actnic, plus a moon light bulb.........it is fan cooled and has a dawn to dusk setting...........any comments would be appreciated. I have done a low tech 40L reef with great success. The small systems intrigue me and and I have done a 10G. many years ago but I did not use compacts...............

Thanks for the replys.......I appologize I did not find those threads when I searched.........I think for the money its not a bad deal and I think the lighting will be adequate for what I am planning on putting in the tank,,,,,,,,,,I am glad to see overall everyone was pleased for the most part............At Marine Depot.com they are $122.95 that includes SH.

When I get my tank all set up I will be sure to post pics........

Thanks again.............

you could do a 96watt powerquad as well...

my personal preferance for a 10g is one of two things:

halide. One 150DE is plenty and will allow you to grow anything.

compacts. Why doesnt anyone make a 3x36watt fixture? more light than a quad, yet adjustable lighting with the seperate tubes...i suppose the CSL 2x40watter is close, only prob i see is bulb availability. you can get 36s anywhere. Where can you get 40s? Marinedepot and where?

The best of both worlds would be something like a 70wDE bulb with two 36watt PC bulbs...anyone feel like a DIY?

I still say theres something fishy about that fixture. Marinedepot says it's a 2x40watt, and sells the bulbs. I look around for more info on it and NOWHERE! CSL doesnt even mention anything but a 2x32watter being available on their website. What's the deal people? Im sending CSL an email.

jeezus.....

Seahorse, you REALLY REALLY RREEEALLLYYY need to do your homework.

CSL is one of the Paramount companies, and their bulbs are awesome and well worth the "increase" in price.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ;)

CSL makes9, 13, 27,28, 32 Watt and 36 Watt PC that are suitable for 10gallon nano tanks. Their ballast are some of the best in the industry, and wireing and cases are top knotch.

FWIW, I have tried may PC bulbs, and nothing last as long with out intensity drom and CRI as well as CSL bulbs except for URI bulbs, but those are VHO.

I went to Custom Sealife webpage and the compact in question is on their site...............As I said I am unfamiliar with PC's because they use to be very expensive .......I usually use a combo of HO and MH on my reef tanks...............never really had a need for PC untill I became seriously interested in setting up a Nano reef.......see ya...........

the way to go IS with PC and halide.

FWIW, they SUCK at answering questions there.

you will get a very "stock" answer.

HO last 7 months tops and usualy drop in PAR and PIV in 3-5 months before PC do.

PC also utelize 1/3rd less energy and put out less than 1/2 the neat of Floro tubes.

HTH ;)

Ya know, got a message back from CSL today. They said they had their new websire made just as they redesigned the unit...so it is a 40 watt x 2....not that I didnt believe anyone, but it seemed odd. Well....thanks guys, sorry for hijacking the thread.

Archived