Cultivated Reef

Tank cycled! Progression pics!

colemanitis

The tank finished cycling and the cleanup crew has been added. Here's a few progression pics that were taken along the way.

October 28

progression102803.jpg

October 21

progression102103.jpg

October 14

progression101403.jpg

Looking good - the clean up crew will help with the macro algae and diatoms. The diatoms will start to go away on their own eventually (mine have) and I have corraline algae already forming on my rocks. It looks like you are on the right track, any ideas on what you want to put in there?

The diatoms are in the process of falling off the rock - I ought to take a turkey baster to it, but I'm too lazy.

I got a couple of corals for it already - they're in the big tank until I'm confident the nano's stable. Here's what I have so far: Green Finger Leather, small colony of assorted Zoos, and a Kenya Tree. I may frag a few things from the big tank as well... maybe my Colt, Yellow Fiji Leather, Candy Cane, and Red Mushrooms.

I'll throw in a Percula Clownfish and a Cleaner Shrimp as well.

Cool tank! I saw the first few pics and I liked the rock arrangement. I saw how you put your heater and it gave me the idea. I did the same thing with mine =) How much lighting do you have on it?

I had some aptasia as hitch-hikers on my rock and put a peppermint shrimp in there - they are all gone now. It was kind of cool to watch him while he was at it. Either way, looking forward to seeing yours when the new frags are in there...

Originally posted by Volcom

How much lighting do you have on it?

Thanks for the compliment. The light is a JBJ 48w 50/50 PC. You can find pics of it on my Web site.

Archived