Coral Vue Hydros

! refugim question, (water flow questions) !

marinetanker

marinetanker

hi, i want to start my own diy refugium for my 24g d-d nano cube. i have been searching the internet for ages and have decided to try one myself, the only few problems well queries i have is as follows:

1.If i put the refuge beside or above the tank, how do i get the water to and from the tank (i.e) what size pumps (lph) etc?

2. if i put underneath the space in the cabinet isnt that big, whould this be big enough and again how would i get the water to and from the tank and make sure i dont get overflow on either tank?

all your help will be great and if anybody has any ideas please let me know, thanks p.s im in the united kingdom so i cant really buy things from american websites as they do not post to here :(

hi, i want to start my own diy refugium for my 24g d-d nano cube. i have been searching the internet for ages and have decided to try one myself, the only few problems well queries i have is as follows:

1.If i put the refuge beside or above the tank, how do i get the water to and from the tank (i.e) what size pumps (lph) etc?

2. if i put underneath the space in the cabinet isnt that big, whould this be big enough and again how would i get the water to and from the tank and make sure i dont get overflow on either tank?

all your help will be great and if anybody has any ideas please let me know, thanks p.s im in the united kingdom so i cant really buy things from american websites as they do not post to here :(

ok ive made sumps before.

if you put a tank next to it your probley going to be told to drill it and for most all sumps you only need 1 pump. if you want an above tank then all you have to do is build a small fuge(how ever big you want) with etc baffles. you will require a small pump that will go inside of you tank that will push the water up into the fuge and from there you just simply have the water flow back down into the tank.

if you put a fuge on the bottom you can drill the tank or just some how build a overflow into the tank that will siphon down into the fuge and again throw it but this time you will need a pump just to push water back into the tank.

i could go into more depth on this but alot of people will help you out here on NR

marinetanker

ok, so if i do this above, what kind of shelving etc will i need to put hup to hold about 60litres tank ??

QbnSuperman

check my sig for a link to my display fuge build. I think you'll have most your questions answered there. Feel free to PM me if you have anymore.

as for shelving.. good luck. use your best judgment. a stand may be ideal.

Archived