ReefCleaners.org

My 4 month 10g update

JohnnyMTB

Tank specs: 10 gallon AGA, 96w Coralife quad, 150 AquaClear with Renew, 23 lbs Key's aquacultered live rock, 12 lbs Key's live sand, 3 PH's on wavemaker.

Cleaning crew: 10 astrea, 8 hermits, 4 nessarius, 2 bumble bees, 2 emeralds, couple brittle stars, numerous bi-valves and filter feeding worms on LR, along with a few bristle worms.

Dose with Seachem Reef Advantage Calcium, Buffer, Iodide, and Marine Snow.

JLTRUK- Thanks, using a Canon G3... it's all the camera. Still trying to figure out all the manual sh*t, using it on auto mode.

harbingerofthefish

nice, very nice.

That's probally one one of the coolest shots of YP's I've seen.

would you mind taking a zoomed out shot of your daisy polyps?

I have a different variety in my tank, more fuzzy, I've never seen smooth ones like that and would like a shot of the whole colony for refernce.

harbingerofthefish

tahnks for the shot. By the looks of the mat yours appear (to my untrainded and usually misguided eye) to be some form of gsp. Mine grow in "stalks" budding new polyps from a mat that grows out like feelers. Mine don't encrust like that.

According to Borneman's Practical Guide to Corals daisy's will have the purple encrusting mat. The clove polyps in the book look like what you might have, it says they resemble anthellia but have thicker stalks. Can you get a closer pic of yours?

Archived