SaltCritters.com

Curlique anemone... good or bad?

JohnnyMTB

Anyone have a problem with these. It's been in the tank for a good 4 months, gotten big all of a sudden. Hasn't reproduced like aiptasia and I haven't found any documentation on whether they're a nuisance or not. Thanks for any help.

They actually sell those at the reef store I use. They sure do look like aiptasia, but they tell me it's not. I'll look it up tomorrow if no one gets to your question.

Same answer I got from liverocks.com, just wanted to be sure, it hasn't reproduced any and when I had an aiptasia outbreak in my 50 years ago it was a pretty instantanious (sp?) thing.

they are NOT aiptasia.

What you are showing pictured is NOT a curlyque anemone.

But it IS quite a nice lill hearty anemone in the GLASS ANEMONE family..... Sprry as I am not sure of EXACT species)

leave it alone ;)

if it is not harming anything, then don't monkey with it.

Bettonskyblue

I have had a curlique anemone in my tank for over a year, and he does get pretty large, but has never been a nusiance except for when he likes to take a stroll around my tank, and ihave to put him back where he belongs. Mine has never reproduced. Mine sorta looks like yours but the tenticles are not the same. Might be from a different area.

Yeah, he started out pretty small and has grown quite a bit. He came from the FL Keys, I think mine has found a good spot, hasn't moved in months.

Archived