Pod Your Reef

20 gal nano - nearly four weeks now.

EddieW

Still got a bit of a diatom problem, but gradually backing off.

Water params are good (0 amm & nitrite, nitrates low). Added an auto top up system at the weekend to keep levels correct. Got some ceriths arriving on Wednesday, then I might be ready for the first fish (woo hoo!).

Thanks for any feedback.

Eddie

I dont know about needing more rocks...I kinda dig his aquascaping as is. I can see a colony of clams residing on that front sandy patch...or a jawfish. I like the rockwark.

Looks good! The aquascaping is a bit too 'vertical' for my liking. I've always preferred a more sloped approach - it leaves more room for mounting coral.

Thank you for all the feedback.

I was planning to leave most of the space at the front as I was under the impression that there should be 6" or so of clear live sand - it this something that applies more to the larger reef setups?

I currently have about 26 or so pounds of LR in there - all from different sources, some of it bought for the shrooms, xenia, etc. It isn't obvious from the picture but it does slope a bit. On the left hand side the LR comes right up to the glass. There is a bit of space at the right so I might add some more there.

I am not sure how much coral I will be going for - the lighting (at 2 x 36w PC) is not bright enough for a lot and definitely not enough for clams AFAIK.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Eddie

Archived