Innovative Marine Aquariums

MGDMIRAGE's 20L

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice score on the new clowns, they're beautiful.

Thank you, they are great and have been showing breeding behavior, looking for a spot to lay eggs etc.

Where are the montis in the latest pictures?

I actually broke off all the frags while rescaping and i gave 3 away, i have one piece of cap left that i mounted on a frag. Now that i have a HUGE skimmer pump in my display i have to rescape yet again to hide it so once i figure that out i'll mount the cap. This tank is going to slowly turn into low growing SPS. Most of my Zoanthids will be moved into my 10 gallon so that this tank can be mainly SPS.

• 4 weeks later...

Not much has changed with tank, i slightly rearranged to hide the HUGE mag 3 a little. Yesterday I got three more frags, 1 purple haze, 1 thin branch pink birdsnest, 1 neon green birdsnest.

In bigger news i just purchased this tank's replacement, a 40 gallon Oceanic Stretch Hexagon with stand. Look for future pics and updates to be with the new 40 :)

Like your tank, i so want a 20L and your lights too! :)

Thanks, the 20L has been a fun tank, i would definitely do it differently though if i had to do it all over again.

Anyway here are probably the last pictures of this tank before it gets upgraded to the 40 gallon Oceanic Hex.

SDC11640.jpg

A few of the recent frags i've gotten. Thin Branch Pink Birdsnest, Neon Green Birdsnest, Purple Haze, and some other type of green birdsnest, not sure what kind.

SDC11639.jpg

Probably the last FTS, i had slowly been trying to hide the giant Mag 3, that should be much easier in the 40 :)

Thanks for looking.

thats a nice tank dude!! but i bet the 40 gal is gonna be even nicer omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Thanks! I loved the 20L but the reasons that i fell in love with it also have made me hate it, namely the shallowness. I would love to grow some SPS. The 40 should give me plenty of vertical room while still being just as long as the 20L. My favorite part of the 40 hex is that it's 30" long so my light fixture will still work for it, and should the light prove not enough i have a TEK retro i can add along side of it.

• 3 weeks later...

did you add the fuge? i have the same tank and same exact set up and i have a 10 aga laying around and i want to make a fuge out of it. any ideas? drilling isnt really an option as it is set up already.

did you add the fuge? i have the same tank and same exact set up and i have a 10 aga laying around and i want to make a fuge out of it. any ideas? drilling isnt really an option as it is set up already.

To which? the 20L or the 40?

I got a sweet new toy today thanks to wife! Canon EOS Rebel T1i

So here are some pics i took of my fish, i'm still practing and reading about settings.

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Untitled-1-1.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

These are all taken with the 55-250mm lense from like halfway across the room to not make the fish go nuts.

Nice shots and congrats on the sweet new toy! B)

Woah!!! Sweet new toy!!! Keep that darn wife of yours around!!!

Amazing shots bro!!! :o

B)

Thanks guys! Yeah i think the wife done good this time :)

Anyway, I thought i'd practice a little more, this time on corals!

IMG_0700.jpg

Untitled-1-2.jpg

bn.jpg

Some unknown to me birdsnest.

cc2.jpg

rade.jpg

zoooo.jpg

mgmirage,

some great pic`s there

great present too!!

Thanks! yeah cameras are fun!

It's true what they say about practice, here a few more pics from today i took they are tons better than my pics just a few days ago.

shrimp.jpg

Mr. Hidey himself.

ric.jpg

Simple Blue Ric focus isn't perfect.

YWG.jpg

This is probably my favorite pic i've taken so far period, this guy has always been so hard for me to focus on despite his near stationary behavior.

Next task: the Sixline Wrasse!

zoo1.jpg

zoo2.jpg

zoo3.jpg

Pics look great!

Thanks! i'm killing time until i can get my 40 gallon going.

I'll put up another FTS of tank today cleaned it up a bit and moved the huge remora out of the display and put it in the fuge.

Militant Jurist
zoo2.jpg

How far away are you from the coral in that picture? I'm contemplating a new camera, but I want one that is good for macro shots throughout my tank. That picture is pretty wicked, so it's caught my attention!

How far away are you from the coral in that picture? I'm contemplating a new camera, but I want one that is good for macro shots throughout my tank. That picture is pretty wicked, so it's caught my attention!

Thanks MJ i was about 6-8" away from that Zoo using the stock 18-55mm kit lense. I've been using manual focus lately it seems to get the pictures the most crisp.

Just ordered the following bulbs from reefgeek:

1 GE0001 24W 6500K Daylight T5 HO Fluorescent General Electric $14.95

1 ATI1001 24W 12000K Aquablue Special T5 HO Fluorescent ATI $19.95

2 ATI1009 24W Blue Plus T5 HO Fluorescent ATI $37.90

Subtotal: $72.80

Sales Tax: $0.00

Ground Shipping: $8.95

TOTAL $81.75

Should give me a par of 324.5 vs the 262 i have with my Current bulbs for a difference of plus 62.5 par. :D can't wait.

Current FTS back glass and sides are pretty algae covered i don't think the 2 snails and 4 hermits are doing much so i added a couple more snails today.

FTS10-28-09.jpg

Militant Jurist
Thanks MJ i was about 6-8" away from that Zoo using the stock 18-55mm kit lense. I've been using manual focus lately it seems to get the pictures the most crisp.

Hm.... I like the sound of that! It's a bit pricey for me, but I might have to save up a bit for something that cool.

Archived