Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

150 watt mh?????

redrocket

This is the thing I want a 150 watt metal halide. The only things is I want to keep zoos, ricordia, and some mushrooms. Will the metal halide enhance the color of these anymore than my 2x36 watt pcs are doing now. I also see alot of post stating that there is lower light sps like, montipora, and some acro's. Im not to keen on names so does anyone have pictures and requirments that I can get away with,without having a metal halide. I would like to have a monti cap. If the metal halide is a requirment, then there is no problem but if I can get away without it that would be great.

TANK SPEC'S:

10 gallon aga

2x36 pc's 50/50, actinic

hob whisper filter

powersweep 202

2" sand bed

20 lbs LR

CORALS:

Orange/blue/green ricordia

orange,brown,pink,red,yellow zoo's

purple,red,blue,green mushrooms

green star ployps

toadstool leather

chilli sponge

yellow ployps

zenixa(spelling)

Originally posted by redrocket

This is the thing I want a 150 watt metal halide. The only things is I want to keep zoos, ricordia, and some mushrooms. I would like to have a monti cap. If the metal halide is a requirment, then there is no problem but if I can get away without it that would be great.

QUOTE]

Your post confuses me. The contradictions give me headaches, I am going to take my pills now.

Do you want a metal halide or do you not want a metal halide?

Do you want a Montipora Capricornus or do you only want Zoanthids, Ricordia, and mushrooms. You mentioned you already have:

green star ployps

toadstool leather

chilli sponge

yellow ployps

zenixa(spelling)

I don't understand.

No you don't need metal halide to grow M. Cap and yes you will get better growth and color from your zoos, ricordia and mushrooms with the MH, provided you acclimate them to the new intense light. The Caps need more than just light to grow, check your flow, all water parameters especially CA/DKH, and a stable tank.

And there seems to be some spittle on your shirt.

Theres no headache involved. I dont mind buying a mh but if I dont have to I wont. The other thing is I would also like to keep montipora but im not going to impulse buy and not be able to keep it health by not knowing enough, thats why I said I would like one but needed to know info. Thanks for your reply

Jah, he's located in the deep south so go easy on him.

for what you have and for montipora caps, the twin 36 watters should be fine.

Halides become more necessary if you want to keep some clams and small polyp stonies such as acropora.

Based on your original question, I would strongly suggest staying as far away from clams and acros. If you see them in the store, move to the other side of said store.

Seriously, don't bother with them until you have a better understanding of the animals. The animals you have are in a good home with that lighting.

Archived