Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

cleaning crew

digitallinx

I am about to start up a 2.5 gallon tank. I already have a 10g with a cleaning crew, because of the fish and bioload it produces and algae. Now, my question is, when I start the 2.5g do i need a clean up crew for a coral only tank, no fish, shrimp, crabs, etc..........

probably . Some good controllers of algae are cerith, nerite and stomatella snails. I've heard turbos are good but never tried one. Red leg and halloween hermits are good for hair algae. nassarius snails are cool cuz they bury into the sand and keep it stirred,They also help stir up and control detritus. come feeding time, BAM they all comeout and mow down. Also blue lag hermits will help detritus too.

do not get a trubo for a 2.5 coral only tank. The snail will do major bulldozing and drive you nuts.

get a couple of smaller snails instead. Stomas are excellent and reproduce like members of nano-reef apparently do.

Crak, The first week I rcvd a large hitchiker stomatella on my squamosa, I noticed him "shooting jizz" into the water column, basically expessing a milky white substance ( probably 3 - 5 times) into the water. An attempt at spawning? waste products? defense mechanism??? thanks for the input

""My anenmonia realase nastly mucus stuff, that's when it poops? You sure it wasn't taking a crap?" " that's funny :D

Archived