Cultivated Reef

I Need Help!!!

redrocket

I just noticed my tomato clown is covered in ick. im not to worried about the fish as i know of treatments for it. what im worried about is the coral. can ick kill my coral are smother it? if so i have a tank i can swap all coral to i just need to know.

let's see, you "just noticed" you cown was covered in ich at 8:50 and it died around 9:14?

Either you aren't paying enough attention to the tank or that is some fast acting ich.

Get yourself some ruby reef.

I noticed about a week ago I had a little film on the fish thought nothing of it for it was gone the next day. Last night I feed, and look at my fish, NOTHING on them. This morning I woke up and they were covered, thats why I put I just noticed the fish was covered. I've never had a problem with ick so I didn't know the signs. I've beening reading this morning and found out the cycles of the ich parasite and that it attacks your fish, then falls off and comes back worse. To bad I didn't monitor my fish close enough as you would say.:*(

Red:

Steps to avoid ich:

Ensure tank is Stable and cycled, I.e no temperature, salinity swings.

Make sure new fish is free of ich and feeds in the LFS.

Wait six weeks to add more fish after ich outbreak (approx.)

Buy a Cleaner Shrimp.

If suspected feel galic enriched food. (works for some, not for me).

Caja:

The Garlic is a whole other debate. It could be that the garlic boosts the immue system (vitamin C) or the ich could not like the taste. Worth trying, but to be researched.

I'd give you my 2 cents, but I am broke.

is it garlic or omega-3 that aids in slime production? more slime, less issue with ich.

ruby reef kills it, cleaner shrimp, in theory, will pick it off the fish.

That is if your cleaner and fish get along, my gramma HATES my Cleaner, nips at his antenna alot. I saw the gramma take off an inch long piece!!! Cleaner doesnt seem to mind though.:D

ICK will allways win the battle .gotta face it .treatment will get the fish more stress. and stress mean more ICK .and more ICK mean more fast the fish die .

Timmy: Your experience with ich is from a blue tang in a 10 gal. Can you spell STRESS? There is lttle a fish suffereing from tank stress can do to ward off parasites like this in the best scenario.

Archived