Coral Vue Hydros

LFS cleanup crew supply

cooljackal

My Tank cycled a little while back and I added a little cleanup crew (1xscarlet hermit, 3xastrea, 1xbumble bee). Although the bumblebee doesn't do jack, I need to get some sort of sand sifter. I searched around on the board and i guess the best ones were the nauss/cerith snails and cucumbers.

Only problem is that the LFS can only get me conch's and astrea's. The diatom isnt a problem but i do have very little green hair algae and a zillion tiny aiptasia's. This LFS has been here for 30 years and is run by an old couple. The guy knows what he's talking about but since hardly anyone runs saltwater in davis, he has a couple of sw fish and he custom orders stuff for you(i got cured fiji live rock for 4.99/lb he drove it in himself from the supplier).

He told me to make up a list of stuff i wanted to order so on his next trip he can get it. Since he can't get ceriths/nauss's i was wondering what you guys think of a very small conch. I was also thinking of getting 3 blueleg-hermits, peppermint shrimp(aiptasia) and since the tank has stabilized and corraline is growing I was thinking of getting a small shroom or zoo to start to start off.

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks. (he doesnt have xenia at the moment either, although he's checking on that).

Why not just order online? If he can't get the things you need then go the internet route. Check the sponsors section and cruise the vendor and trader feedback forum to see what has been posted.

True, I could do that. But its waaay cheaper to get it from him(no shipping involved), plus if anything dies or other problems happen, I can just take it back to the LFS w/out any hassles (right next to campus). Since he buys his stuff really cheap, i get it pretty cheap because I go there all the time. I even got free live sand and filters from this LFS.

Road trip. Go west or to SacTown.

Nassarius snails are a great way to go, especially in a small tank. Mine are constantly burrowing in the sand. Emerald crabs are good for the hair but are also known to molest corals. I have heard nothing but trouble with aiptasia. You might want to erradicate that asap.

Shrooms and zoos - very tolerant. Good choice.

Yeah, see thats the problem. I would have to go all the way down to (i think) florin road. Thats like me driving halfway home (40 miles), thats a long ways to go. I realize a lot of you go much further for goods but i cant really find any time to go that far especially with my class schedule. Sac and davis guys dont have nass or cerith. Which is weird because capitol aquarium has a ######load of stuff. Do you think a small counch or two would do?

Any specific species of zoo's or shrooms? I need like exact names. I was thinking of yellow star polyps.

i say order online. or spend a saturday in sacramento, and look around. o street aquarium is not far from cap aquarium downtown..aqua world in carmichael is not bad either. after i get my fish in order and crabs and starfish and such, ill then start on the coral, and i will get those online. variety is online.

jAy

Hello again. I went to the LFS today and he was able to find the nassarius on another one of his supplier's lists. So Heres what I ordered:

1 x Perppermint Shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)

2 x Zebra Hermits

3 x Nassarius Snails

I got em for about 20$, which isn't that bad since i'm only ordering a small amount. I also ordered green button polyps. I think they may be around 20-25 bucks at this lfs.

Archived