ReefCleaners.org

i dont know if i can afford it anymore

lousybreed

I have found that any all hobbies I have are expensive but well worth the money that is spent. If it is somthing that gives you enjoyment then what better way to spend a little extra cash. I got started in keeping fish when I built a small garden pond (only about 500 gallons) for my parents. A few years later I have a 6000 gallon Koi pond and 7 aquariums. I guarantee that if I didnt have all my "wet pets" the money I have spent on them still would not be in my bank account.

Dacoolguychris

well.. yeah the initial setup cost can be very high... but a good way to save money is check your local classifieds.. or @ www.pennsyaverusa.com or recycler.com..]

I persoanlly have done this with great succes..

I bought a 40 gal acrylic tank with stand..

pre-plumbed..

with JBJ reef lights...

an instant ocean skimmer..

tonic 150w heater...

and a 20 gal sump for $125 bucks :)

another great place is ebay..

I bought 4 powerheads for 46 bucks...(maxi-jet)

my mag drive 5 pump for 43 bucks..

and many other stuff.. i forget :)

well sure it might not be brand new.. but hey, it still looks good .. and most importantly WORKS!!! :)

as for total cost.. i have spent close to 300 bucks..

for 25 lbs of LR... a feather duster.. 60 lbs of sand.. 10 lbs of live sand.. 20 odd snails.. 15 hermit crabs.. and 2 clownfish..

i plan to spend an additional 250 or so for more LR.. corals.. and the supplements needed

The point is.. keeping a reef tank is expensive.. so when people can't handle the cost anymore.. they decide to sell everything they have :).. take advantage of this.. and buy used

dacoolguychris, that is one hell of a point, i think that when i do set one up i will go that route. i never even thought of that. come to think of it i got an entire used 30 gal fresh setup with oak stand for $100....

Hey you want a deal on Turntables? I'll trade you records for Frags! I've got an O5pro and two vestex tables I want to get rid of, +couple crates of extra records.

Archived