SaltCritters.com

Mushroom came unattatched

otwizzle

I was doing some maintanence on my tank and was moving around some rocks when two of my pimple mushroom slid right off the rock they were on. They appear to be in good health anwere opened up when the slid off. So I took some live rock rubble and set one of the mushrooms ontop of the piece of the rock and wrapped a piece of chhese cloth around it. Did the same for the other. Then I put a plastic cup in the tank and put the wrapped mushrooms inside. Does anyone know if this will help them reattach? Are they getting enough light even though they are wrapped in cheescloth?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Twiz

imo you are doing a little too much, I would just leave the mushrooms that fell off alone, maybe if you really want to use that plastic cup and put a few holes in it so water can go thru. they will re attach again so dont worry. :)

Sounds like your on the right track. Leave them be for a couple of weeks so you don't disturb them, and they should attach after awhile. Another option is to frag'em if they're large enough, then do the very same thing with the cloth and rubble. Nice job!

that cloth doesn't sound like it'll let enough current go through as well as light. try switing that to something more holey. personally i use those net poofy scrubing things for taking a shower... LOL... it works.

Archived