Pod Your Reef

The Life of Karatetag's 14G BioCube!

Karatetag

open window.... grab your tank...... then drop and watch it fall... this will get rid of any algae... works GREAT!

hahaha jk

Maybe your tank is not done cycling yet..?

But I just keep up on my water changes one 5gallon water change a week and run carbon and floss and my tank has been great.... Also with the help of the CUC. And I use the mag float every day to keep the glass clean. Are you going to be dosing your tank with Calcium or alkalinity?

haha no doubt, yea i think its still in its cycle because its not too bad but there is a little brown on the back wall as well. I plan on changing the water for the first time this weekend but as far as the water goes, its doing great. Hopefully that helps a bit and also the tanks been a bit too warm. And we are minimalizing the light so its only on about 8 hrs a day. It will start at 80 and go to around 83 by the end of the day give or take. I think the temp may be helping that algae grow a bit but we shall see. Added a few more corals. Ill post the pics up now. Thanks for the comment man and keep in touch when you do plan on going to tampa cause id like to go as well.

post-44359-1242961538_thumb.jpg

post-44359-1242961585_thumb.jpg

post-44359-1242961620_thumb.jpg

post-44359-1242961663_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, Been a bit busy lately with school ending and summer classes starting so now ive been able to take the time out and show some more corals we've added and a new inhabitant of the reef we have created! Feel free to post some comments on the tank so far!

So far in the tank we have a bunch of coral that we bought within the past 2 weeks. Some of the pictures are not up yet but i will get them up shortly. Heres the list:

-Birds Nest

-Duncan

-Purple eye Ricordia

-GSP

-3 Buttons, and 4 Assorted Mushrooms

-Torch

-Pipe Organ

-Hammer

-Pulsing Xenia

-Eagle eye, Bahama Momma, and 2 other zoos i will have pics up soon so that some of you may be able to name them haha

-And another 3 pieces of coral that i forget their names but i will have pictures of them soon for everyone to see.

These are all very small pieces and cant wait to see them grow!

post-44359-1244055706_thumb.jpg

post-44359-1244055759_thumb.jpg

post-44359-1244055976_thumb.jpg

akabryanhall

Tank is looking good so far. Developing quite an extensive collection. Looking forward to seeing it develop.

Archived