ReefCleaners.org

14 week 15 gal - I like comments!

OpenBrain

wowza I like it. How about some specs?? and what color are those zoos on the right center of the tank? (that on the right side in the about halfway up)

15 gal acrylic, 24 x 12 x 12"

CSL 2 x 65 W PowerCompact Moonlite fixture, 10 hours per day

75W ProHeat heater

Remora hang-on skimmer w/Maxi-Jet 1200 pump

Tetra Whisper Junior HOB just for water movement

2 x Maxi-Jet MP600 power heads

20 lb Fiji premium LR

10 lb Tonga slab LR

20 lb "live sand in a bag"

RO/DI + Tropic Marin, bubbled in a 20 liter Nalgene tank until use

SG: 1.023-1.025

Temp: 78-80

dKH: 7-8

Alk meq/l: 2.5-3.0

pH: 8.3-8.4, Pinpoint Monitor

4 liter water change weekly

Zoos from TLR when tank was 6 weeks old.

I track pH, Ca++ and dKH/Alk meq/l. Depending on what is happening with these I add either b-ionic 2-part solutions which increase all three parameters in a mild way, Kalkwasser which boosts things strongly, or 1.5 M CaCl2.2H2O solution which increases Ca++ when other 2 parameters do not need adjustment (I try to use this very sparingly only when necessary).

Question: Other than aesthetics is there a reason to remove corraline from walls of tank? Is there any good to leaving it there?

Just received 2 of the "reef gems" from Dr. Mac and sons and couldn't be more pleased - see pic.

• 5 weeks later...

I am very impressed by your tank! It looks great. I have been thinking about starting my own 10g tank (freshwater to saltwater conversion in my case). I am primarily interested in the way you have your lights mounted on th top of your tank. Where did you get the kit for that? It also looks like you have an open space in between your lights and the tank. Does that work well for a saltwater tank? Because I know you want to keep a freshwater tank covered. Thanks!

alright you tri-Lambda,

CSl pc/moonight fixtrure like the one that openbrain has, comes with stands. Some companies will sell the legs seperately like coralife.

if you plan on doing a 10 gallon with PC lighting check out these options:

Coralife 96w quad

http://hellolights.com/201xcoaqpcho.html

Csl 2x40w

http://powercompacts.com/f_powercompact-moon-lite.htm

these arent your only options but at least its a start.

Archived