ReefCleaners.org

Cycle pic - it's looking nasty!

colemanitis

As you can see, the cycle is in full swing. Current parameters are: Ammonia: 2.0, PH: 7.8, Trites: 0, Trates: 0, SG: .025, Temp: 80*. It's definitely not a pleasure to look at, but the worst will be over soon. Check out my Web site for more pics and details of the setup.

Day 1 (before cycle)

progression1003.jpg

Day 10 (during cycle)

cycle102103.jpg

Diatoms. What kind of water did you use?

Your aquascaping seems, well... boring. :S Looks like you have lots of great pieces there, I am sure you could do something cool with them :)

Unless you would rather the lump look :)

At first, I was reading your comment and looking at your first pic thinking, "what the hell.. there's nothing wrong with his tank.." THEN.. I scrolled down to the second pic.. haha.

I agree, the whole pile of rocks in the middle is kinda boring.. unless you like it like that..

colemanitis-

I like your rockwork. It is similar to mine. Some people don't appreciate a zen style rockscape. But when your cycle is over and you pack it with corals I know it will be fantastic. Don't worry about the algae/diatom/bacteria bloom. Every tank goes through it. After you put in your cleanup crew it will be all over! and thanks for not being a stupid newbie poster. Welcome to my club.

Thanks for the replies everybody. The rockwork has been aquascaped only to serve as a base for coral, not to look interesting and unique. I'm planning on letting the coral determine the overall shape of the tank.

Throw the cleaners in now. I also have a 7G bow

and I put 3 snails and 3 blue-legs in my tank

as soon as the brown crap started. They had

the tank clean in days. It has been spotless since

and all the cleaner critters are alive.

Originally posted by pjtech

Throw the cleaners in now.  I also have a 7G bow

and I put 3 snails and 3 blue-legs in my tank

as soon as the brown crap started.  They had

the tank clean in days.  It has been spotless since

and all the cleaner critters are alive.

An ammonia level of 2.0 won't kill a cleanup crew? I was planning on waiting until after the cycle to add a small Fighting Conch. You think the Conch would survive?

It is true you should wait till those zero out,

but based on my experiece it worked perfect.

My tank is spotless and I have never has an

algae problem of any sort. I use pre-made

LFS water that probably also helps.

Archived