ReefCleaners.org

six-line wrasse question

Kennetht

I got a six-line wrasse and all it has done is hide in my LR. He was swimming all over the tank at the LFS. Is this normal or not? Thanks in advance.

How long has it been in your tank? There is a time period of adjustment for all newly intorduced critters. You may also want to compare the LFS tank and yours. Our LFS has very little LR in it and it's a 55g. My tank is 10g and was crammed with LR at one time. There may not be sufficient room for your wrasse to swim like it did at the LFS.

Then once more I retain the right to invoke Phyh1's 'Disclaimer of Death' - - - "Or it could be dying." (Just kidding I'm sure it's fine.... maybe...)

I just put mine in yesterday (after a 7 hour drive) and within an hour or so he was all over the place: the rockwork, the glass panes, the water's surface. I was surprised at how bold he was being. Today he's a little more reserved, but extremely active. I'm sure the pod population in my 20 gal is already depleted, but a small price to pay.

The pods in my 15 were gone the next day.

After a week and a half, mine is eating flakes from the surface. He still hides when I whip out the camera though X)

Well....he is now out alot and swimming around the tank. He does hide EVERY time I get the camera though. I have noticed that he must be eating good, because his is getting a belly on him....kinda looks like a woman when she's pregnant.

Pods are completely gone in my tank. Mine tends to go toward the surface (in a corner behind the heater) and actually stick its mouth out of the water. Does anyone else's do that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived