SaltCritters.com

Calvin415's Complete DIY 12ft Tank Summary

calvin415

I seriously want one of those rics. I have never seen colors like that.

Thanks! If I can get more going I'm hoping to start offering them out... So far I'm only up to 3. :(

So nice.Glad to see it all worked out.

Thanks!

I am speechless.. truly amazing work! You make me want to empty my bank account !! If i had the room I would. Can't wait to see the rest of the build!

Thanks, hopefully I can get a new canopy built in the not too distant future. Trying to get a small business started on the side. It's eating up all my time and money.

MUST ... SEE..... FTS FULL OF CORAL ... TO ... FEED MY ADDICTION TO YOUR TANK !!!

LOL! Sorry, unfortunately w/ a FTS you can't really see the corals... One of these day's I'll put together a zoomed in Panoramic.

Amazing. wow.

Thanks!

Eric-

This is amazing! I have been out of reefing for about a year now, and I had no idea you were undertaking such a task! You have done an amazing job, and you should be very proud of your work. I rarely check any reef sites anymore, but I am glad I have. Congrats on an amazing tank!

Email me sometime-- minibowmatt@gmail

Matt

Matt! How have you been? Sorry I'm just now seeing this post I haven't checked this condensed thread in a long time. If you want to get back into the hobby, hit me up and I'll hook you up with some frags to get you going. :D

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Thanks! :D

EPIC! DIY project!!!! Best ever hands down!

Wow! Thanks for the compliment!

Been wayyyy to long since there was an update Eric! :P...

I know, I know... I'll see what I can do.

Until then, here is a repost from my long thread with some growth shots, and coral shots.

Okay, sorry for all the lack of updates, here are a few, I'll post more when I'm done with some upgrades on the tank.

Before

DSCN4965.jpg

After

DSCN5276.jpg

Before

DSCN4966.jpg

After

DSCN5267.jpg

Before

DSCN4968.jpg

After

DSCN5278.jpg

Before

DSCN4976.jpg

After

DSCN5268.jpg

Before

DSCN5014.jpg

After

DSCN5289.jpg

I forgot about this guy... He's easy to forget about since he's only about 3/4" long. :D

DSCN5279.jpg

A few more...

DSCN5272.jpg

DSCN5282.jpg

DSCN5286.jpg

DSCN5287.jpg

DSCN5288.jpg

DSCN5290.jpg

DSCN5293.jpg

DSCN5298.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A great DIY tank and furniture job. Incredible scale and scope with really great quality craftsmanship, I still can't get over the complete lack of seams after buffing.

Out of curiosity though, why go with such a long tank? It doesn't look like space is too much of a concern and making it comparatively small in width and height takes away from your options of really large fish to stock it with. Regardless, it was a good call and looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
what type of fish is that, I can't seem to find it anywhere.

That's a Randall's Goby, Amblyeleotris randalli. They're a lot of fun, good character and will pair with pistol shrimp.

This is an amazing DIY Calvin, I wish I had been here when you started it. Really visionary and unique dimensions. I like that a small fish can start on one side and feel like it's just going and going before it has to turn around. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

cant wait to finish school. get my own house. and duplicate your tank! haha i am doing your right now on a college budget with the mr agua 730. excellent craftsmanship and best of luck!

Archived