Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Xplicit's 40 Breeder "Piece of the Reef"

xplicit

Hey guys, my transfer is complete! Here are some pictures for you guys. Just in case some of you are wondering what is that white rock on the left side, I've order some rocks from reefcleaners.org. They got great stuff. A lot of holes to put corals on. Here is just some of my favorite livestock.

B&W clowns from vividaquarium.com

clown1-1.jpg

clown2-1.jpg

Chromis

chromis-1.jpg

Cherry bomb and unknown zoas

cherrybomb_1.jpg

Purple Death

purpledeath-1.jpg

2 acros that I didn't kill!! Got these from a friend.

acro1.jpg

GSP and green cloves

clovegsp2-1.jpg

Snowflake Cloves

snowflakecloves_1-2.jpg

Left Side

leftside-1.jpg

Right Side

rightside-2.jpg

FTS

fts5-1.jpg

More More this is beautiful!!!!!

I'll definitely get more pics when the corals heal up and open more.

That looks great! Nice arch on the rockscape. ;-)

Thanks, I may change it. Its taking up precious real estate for more corals

i had the arch in my first aqua scape too and changed it around to two islands. (being same footprint as 40 breeder) something to think about. But man does it look amazing. and nice job not killing the acros

hahaha

Those clowns were from vividaquarium.com. They were out of the ones they had to sell so they gave me the clowns from their 170 display tank. It was very nice of them to do so. They came extremely healthy.

i had the arch in my first aqua scape too and changed it around to two islands. (being same footprint as 40 breeder) something to think about. But man does it look amazing. and nice job not killing the acros

hahaha

I tried the 2 island but it didn't look right with the rocks I have. Your tank is a lot taller than mines though. How do you think those cherry bombs are? Picture don't do them justice. Be fragging out some for you soon. Just bought 2 more chromis from your store today too. :lol:

Those clowns were from vividaquarium.com. They were out of the ones they had to sell so they gave me the clowns from their 170 display tank. It was very nice of them to do so. They came extremely healthy.

I tried the 2 island but it didn't look right with the rocks I have. Your tank is a lot taller than mines though. How do you think those cherry bombs are? Picture don't do them justice. Be fragging out some for you soon. Just bought 2 more chromis from your store today too. :lol:

hahaha your a nut. they look like their bright, cant wait to get a frag of em

I Ate A Cake

Very nice 40BR! I love your aquascaping, plus corals and everything else.

How do you like your Tek? I've been thinking about getting one for my 40br.

Very nice 40BR! I love your aquascaping, plus corals and everything else.

How do you like your Tek? I've been thinking about getting one for my 40br.

I love the tek light. It gives off less heat and I dont't have to deal with evaporation like when I had MH. The color really pop and there are so much combinations you can try. My cloves polyps was a hit or miss with MH, now all of them are starting to open up. You will not regret it.

I love this build. I am finally going to buy a 40b next week.

Do you by chance have a check valve on your return line? I keep looking at it and wondering how far down it drains when the power goes out. I would hate for you to have crunchy carpet :lol:

I don't have a check valve yet but I will get one soon. I just don't know where to put it yet. I'm dealing with some micro bubbles that the return pump is making. I have an air leak somewhere in my plumbing.

I got a new toy today. A canon macro lense! Just thought I share some pictures. Its my first time working with a macro lense. I'm still learning.

bluezoamacro.jpg

cherrybombmacro.jpg

chromismacro.jpg

dendro.jpg

purpledeath-2.jpg

zoamacro.jpg

suncoral2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this really is great. I've got a couple questions for you though if you don't mind.

I plan on starting a 40br aquarium within the next couple of months, once I obtain all the equipment. I will be incorporating a sump, but I was only planning on a 10 gallon tank to use. Yours is 27 gallon, do you think mine won't be big enough to include a section of the skimmer and a fuge?

Could you perhaps provide a diagram of the layout of your sump now, and maybe even your plumbing? I see your overflow delivers water to the sump from the back of the tank, and not a standpipe running through the floor of the tank like is most common.. Could you explain your plumbing a little bit?

One last thing.. How do you feel about leaning your rockscape against the back glass? I was under the impression this becomes a bad idea in the long run.. have you encountered any problems or annoyances with that set up?

Thanks for sharing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the compliments. I just got a load of sps and some monti caps. Picture coming soon. Just waiting for them to adjust.

Wow, this really is great. I've got a couple questions for you though if you don't mind.

I plan on starting a 40br aquarium within the next couple of months, once I obtain all the equipment. I will be incorporating a sump, but I was only planning on a 10 gallon tank to use. Yours is 27 gallon, do you think mine won't be big enough to include a section of the skimmer and a fuge?

Could you perhaps provide a diagram of the layout of your sump now, and maybe even your plumbing? I see your overflow delivers water to the sump from the back of the tank, and not a standpipe running through the floor of the tank like is most common.. Could you explain your plumbing a little bit?

One last thing.. How do you feel about leaning your rockscape against the back glass? I was under the impression this becomes a bad idea in the long run.. have you encountered any problems or annoyances with that set up?

Thanks for sharing :)

I'll try my best to explain. A 10 gallon will do just fine. Instead of having 3 section like mine, you will have to go with 2. The picture of my plumbing is pretty much straight forward. The black center piece is the overflow where water flow down to the sump. The 2 holes on the side with where the water return from the sump to the aquarium. I have never had any trouble leaning the rock on the back glass. Make sure all your plumbing is secure and is air tight. Don't let any air escape on your return line or you will have micro bubbles. I just got finished redoing my plumbing and seal everything with silicone. Also install a check valve. Any more question, just ask and sorry for the delay in response.

Some new pictures. I don't know all the names of some of them. I have it listed somewhere. I'll try my best to remember the names.

Blue acro

blueacro.jpg

Blue tip acro

blueacro_1.jpg

Corcea clam

clam.jpg

Dendros

dendromacro.jpg

Purple with green polyps acro

greenpolypacro.jpg

Green with purple rim monti cap

greenpurplemonti.jpg

Green Shimmer

greenshimmer.jpg

Orange monti cap

orangemonti.jpg

Pink with green hue polyps

pinkgreen.jpg

Pink

pinkmacro.jpg

PomPom Xenias

pompomxenias.jpg

I'm having problems with bubbles forming on my back wall. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? The bubbles ranges in size no larger than a dime. I read somewhere that it is caused by too much light? Is this true?

Archived