SaltCritters.com

Is 10 gal too small for blue tang?

Timmy n

i have this blue tang for 5 weeks now and it got ick on and off. it didn't die because i have a cleaner shrimp that clean him every night , the water is all 0 ,temp is steady at 78 degree . is my 10 gallons tank is too small for blue tang? the blue tang is about 1inch ,thats the only fish in my tank now.

Hi timmy,Well be thakful that your didnt get burned at the stake buy the tang police, dont feel bad, it happens to alot of newbies. Try to take the tang back to the store hippos need about 75-100 gal to try to keep away from any type of tang in a 10 gal. Outside tampa is a store called" fish and other ishy stuff", they have a good rep on RC, good luck.

Originally posted by Volcom

Are you F-ing joking?  Bonsai kitten?  Thats sick...........

its a joke site, no one really does that man. you didnt really think it was real did ya?

how bizarre

I am sending carrot-nunchaku PETA commandos to check ESPI's place for any 'bonsai kittens' as we speak.

On topic - no way, him getting ick over and over means he's stressed

Timmmmaaaayyyyy!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a 10 gallon? thats too small! blue tangs can grow up to a foot! and would probably need a 70 gallon tank to house them. Though they look small and cute in the lfs they can grow very big. It is not how big they are that matters, it is how big they can grow to. A 10 gallon would be torture.

Archived