Coral Vue Hydros

featherduster ?

SW20Rida

I just recently purchased a featherduster from my lfs where it seem to be fine when I was looking at it in the display tank. When I asked the guy I liked to buy it, he ripped it apart from the others in the tank along with some snails that were stuck to its brown tube. I was looking at the featherduster in the bag and it appeared that some of the brown stuff that covers its tube came off and some parts are now transparent. Later on, I got home and placed him in my tank in the corner against some live rock. I was hoping it would come out and spread its crown of feathers but hasn't done so, its been almost a day already and I'm afraid that when the guy at the fish store man-handled the defense-less ilttle creature into the bag, I'm thinking he killed it. I hope its not dead, I paid 16 bucks for this! Is there anything I should do or expect from these tube worms? Or do they just take a while to get accustomed to the tank parameters and only until then do they come out?

What kind of acclimation procedure did you follow? Water params would be helpful too. How long has your tank been set up?

It does sound like the LFS guy was a bit rough on the duster, but all dusters have a transparency near the end of their tubes.

if the water is good in the tank don't worry

was it one of the big feather dusters from Hawaii

if his protective tube was damaged as he was ripped out he will make the repairs first and then try to attach himself to something or use availble sand etc to remake his tube. and this may take a few days. if he was dead he would actually fall out of the tube and the worms are pretty tuff but there tube genrally can be damaged when being moved

but i would wait a few more days before making a final decision

Archived