Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Additions to my minibow!!!

cliffrouse11baseball

cliffrouse11baseball

Thanks dave that is a much nicer post and helpful.

my alk level is 10 dkh and my cal level is 430 my nitrate level is 2.5 ppm. I just added a refugium also with macro algae and kent marin biosediment. thanks for yalls help. Next time I will read up more on my purchases.

FWIW: I read this quickly and chose not to post for a few reasons. First of which was the way you posted the wording with your first few pics: sounded like a troll thread.

My advice, if you knew the names of the frags, I would post that first, and request help on whether the ID's were close/correct/wrong. Just my 2 cents. If yu've got some knwledge and a little reading, flex yer mind muscle and show it off a bit.

Posting what you do know will help avoid your posts sounding like a brand-n00bie. The fact that you even know what alk readings are is a relief, since some threads that start out like this one go that path when the details come out.

Now, I see montipora digitata, acro and bird's nest, not pavona. Have you planned on upgrading your lighting? I'd recommend it if you get the SPS bug, which seems to have biuI've had purple tip acros go from white to brown when they go from high lighting to 96w of PC in a ten gallon.

Just take a visual cruise down this thread and you can see how a purple tip reacted in my tank going from halide to PC to halide again.

whoa... i posted here?

just make sure you research stuff before you purchase next time, to make sure your water quality, circulation, lighting, compatability won't pose any problems. Don't want stuff dying on you :). Just gotta research so you know what you're gettin into

What is the world coming to. A thread that starts most horrendously, takes a turn for the better?

Espi reverses himself and gives advise?

Abs is kind and gentle from the get go?

Has everyone gone mad?

Why is there a bunny rabbit on my shoulder and should I answer its pleas to slaughter every cat I see?

Steve...

you didn't get the CC: ???

wonder who didn't send the memo to you......

Topsy Turvey Week

the week we take ######ty threads and make them good just for the sake of betterment of mankind....

mysteries of all mysteries......

cliffrouse11baseball

Just for everyones information I traded the purple tip acro and the stag and the pavona for some zoos which the guy if gathering up for me. He has a 380 gallon in the wall tank that is absolutely awesome. He has 1200 watts of hetal halide on the tank and 220 watts of vho. I have to say it is the best tank I have ever seen anywhere. I saw no algae except for the beautiful pink coraline everywhere. He also has a huge sump/refugium with marco everywhere and built into the main tank he has 4 20l tanks with various frags lighted with pc's . He has a seperate mushroom tank with over 7 kinds of mushrooms. Seperate from the main tank he has a custom propagation tank lighted with metal halide. I will take some pictures on my next vistit. Thanks alot for yalls help.

If you can't bother to laugh, don't bother to cry.

OCTOBER 2003... WORST batch of Newbies EVAR

I soo hope NOVEMBER is some redemption... or else DAVE is going into TOTAL RECALL MODE.....

Wow dave that hurts, and to think studying up on marine aquariums for over a year , And I am still in the worst batch of newbies ever :( Maybe I will change my screen name next month....

P.S. Not to flame but this cliffhouse gent... he appears to have been a member since OCT 2002. I am assuming that you were assuming that his question was so asinine, that you saw oct and assumed 2003. Bummer for me man :D But hey maybe I am making an ass out of myself???

:D:D:D

Archived