Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

cpr aquafuge question??

cliffrouse11baseball

cliffrouse11baseball

I just installed my cpr aquafuge tonight. I have a couple of questions.

1. How much sand should I add into the refugium. I have 6 lbs. of kent marine biosediment in tomm.

2. Is there anyway possible to add the sand while the refugium is on and running??

3.Can I add the lr rubble and macro algae all in the same day with the sand??

Thanks alot to prevent overflow of the tank i drilled two tiny holes in the inlet and outlet tube. I still have a little back flow but not nearly as much as before...

1. I have about 2 inches of sand in there I think. Hard to see thru all the hair and other algaes growing. The deeper you go, the less room for your macro to grow so don't take up too much space.

2. I would turn the fuge off and pour the sand in. Just drain out enough water to prevent the backflow from making a mess, add sand, restart the fuge and slowly add water (remember the sand takes up space so all the water cannot go back in the tank).

3. drop the sand, rubble and macro all in at once. don't matter.

Cliff -

Do you have any pics of this?? I am intereseted in one myself and wanted to see how others have their's setup and the pros/cons or mods required to make it work smooth...

Thanks

Thanks! Looking forward to them!! I think I saw another post by you where you said you drilled a couple small holes in the tubes to break the siphon to prevent a backflow. Has it worked fine or have you tested it by turning off the pump power??

cliffrouse11baseball

I did test it and still flows out a little. But the siphon does stop once the water level hits the hole. I also added a battery backup surge protecor. That should also help incase just a short power outage. I think it will run on the battery backup for around a day or so. I will see the power is out and fix it. Even if it does overflow it will not be much...

Archived