inTank Media Baskets

heater recommendation

akula

I have a 29 gallon that I am putting together the equipment for. What wattage heater should be used for this sized tank? I read somewhare about a "pad heater". It seems to be a flat sheet type heater rather than a glass tube style, but I have never seen or heard about one. Would it be posible to put a pad heater under a tank to hide it? I am actually wondering if I could get by without a heater becuase my apartment (in GA) seems to stay at a fairly constant temperature.

In addition to Ebo Jäger heaters, many of us also use Visi-Therm Deluxe heaters (which are a little shorter and sometimes less expensive). A 100W heater should be right for your tank.

I recommend that you use a heater, even if you live in the GA. Nano’s are usually kept closer to 80 degrees (a little warmer than most of us like); plus they help keep the temperature more stable (which is preferred).

i also prefer ebo-jager heaters. My Viso-therm Non-Deluxe model just stuck on me last week and raised the temp to 95 degrees, good thing it was in my coral quarantine tank with no corals in it. Wheww!!!

I just had a heater malfunction with my visa-therm the other day. Tank temp reached 92, only lost one, possibly two corals. That's the second vist-therm that has malfuctioned on me.

Archived