Cultivated Reef

live rock.com gulf coral or keys?

Bin Weed

Wich of these should i go for at liverocks.com? i dont want to spend too much but if the coral is a must then i will go for it. Oh yeah and where should i get live sand?

Thanks for the help

Ben

or should i buy some where else?

I ordered 40 lbs from them two months ago. I got a mixture of rock. Prolly the best looking pieces in my tank so far. Also be warned... There were three MANTIS shrimp in the order. He helped me get rid of mine and my friend decided to keep his. Interesting shrimp to have. Lots of life with the rock. Personally I could not tell the difference in the two types when it arived. Keep me posted.;)

harbingerofthefish

As for LS. IMO I wouldn't order it from somewhere. It's a lot cheaper to seed dead sand. I'm sure in a city your size there are a few people that would just give you a scoop or two. And besides the LR will seed the sand to. Just more of an unneeded expense IMO.

I agree with harbinger. Go for a dead sand bed and seed it with scoops from other tanks. It helps add biodiversity to your system. Put a thread in the marketplace forums, there are people here that would send you a scoop or two from their tanks.

Archived