Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zoos not opening

Integracer

I picked up a rock with 2 different color zooanthids on it about a week ago. Both types of zoos looked the same except for the colors. At the store, both types were were partially opened up. The guy at the store said they had come in the mail the day before and were still a little shocked from the shipping. After aclimating them and adding to my tank, the orange colored ones gradually opened more and more and are now doing great. But, the other half of the rock with yellow zoos opened less and less and now have not opened at all for about 5 days. What is going on? Everything else in my tank is acting normal. Why would half the zoos be fine and the other half not? Is there anything I can do?

Here is a pic of what they look like this morning

blast em with some water for now, they are getting algae buildup it looks like. maybe reposition in the tank... higher / lower due to lighting? do they open at night or not at all?

Originally posted by birdman204

blast em with some water for now,  they are getting algae buildup it looks like.  maybe reposition in the tank... higher / lower  due to lighting?  do they open at night or not at all?

that algae growing over the closed polyps is restricting light. if the polyps don't feel the light, they won't open up. try blasting them or lighty brushing them with a toothbrush... LIGHTLY.

Archived