inTank Media Baskets

Aquaclear noise mode?

nicuz

I bought an AC 30 HOB 1 week ago and it is very noisy. I removed the lid and it's slightly better but not enough. Is there anything I could do to reduce the noise?

Scott Riemer
I bought an AC 30 HOB 1 week ago and it is very noisy. I removed the lid and it's slightly better but not enough. Is there anything I could do to reduce the noise?

Is it a noise from the motor, or a vibration from the plastic?

Is it a noise from the motor, or a vibration from the plastic?

Motor. I think it's coming from the propeller but I don't want to open and clean it yet because the filter it's brand new (less then 1 week old)

bubbles3660

This may be an obvious question but is the intake siphon properly primed? How is the flow? Intermittent?

--bubbles

Just take it apart and reset the impeller, then make sure the filter box is full of water before you plug it back in. I have to put something on my AC70 to keep the lid from making vibration noises, try that too.

i had to make something for the edge of my tank to dampen the vibration of my AC20... its just sitting on some air line hose... runs silent now

This may be an obvious question but is the intake siphon properly primed? How is the flow? Intermittent?

--bubbles

Everything works fine, except for the noise.

Just take it apart and reset the impeller, then make sure the filter box is full of water before you plug it back in. I have to put something on my AC70 to keep the lid from making vibration noises, try that too.

Yeah, I removed the lid, but it doesn't make a big difference.

I also took the impeller apart, cleaned it...it is slightly better but still not how it should be. Any more ideas?

many people say that it's loud when it's new. it should be a little quieter after its been running far a couple of weeks. just needs to be broken in...

Yeah well I took the filter apart and cleaned the impeller about 4 times. I finally got it almost where I want it to be, noise wise. I guess it just takes a lot of tweaking...

disaster999

if removing the lid and the noise reduces, most probably its vibration noise and nothing to do with the motor.

what ive done before is just put something heavy on the lid like..fish food..or a bottle of whatever and the noise is gone.

if removing the lid and the noise reduces, most probably its vibration noise and nothing to do with the motor.

what ive done before is just put something heavy on the lid like..fish food..or a bottle of whatever and the noise is gone.

I tried that and it didn't work. When I remove the lid it's quieter probably because the vibrations generated by the motor causes the lid to shake and make even more noise.

Archived