Top Shelf Aquatics

vortech

eddieh

coachfraley
Where did you place yours? What settings do you use? Do you use the night time setting? How about the "wave"?

thanks, Eddie

Mine is always on reef crest, at around 60-70%. The only other mode I use is the feed mode.

Where did you place yours? What settings do you use? Do you use the night time setting? How about the "wave"?

thanks, Eddie

During the day I have it on the Blue Short Pulse for the wave ... you will need to play around with the pulse to get the actual wave ... I run the pump 80-100% on my 90G during the day ...

Night I have it on Lagoon mode.

-David

I have the MP20 on my 35g. I have it on Reef Crest mode at 100%. I use the feed mode for feedings (LOVE this!) And I have it set to go night mode from 9pm-7am.

I have mine placed on the left side of the tank about 1/4 of the way down.

Mine is in a 46g bow-front and it's on the right side 5" down and 3" from the front glass. It's set on Reef Crest (yellow) at 90 to 100% and every now and then I'll put it on Short Pulse (blue).

I haven't used the Night mode.

lakshwadeep

I use reef crest at around 60% because my water level is currently low, an inch above the vortech. Usually I have it at 100%. Sometimes I use short pulse to get a wave.

Mine is 2/3 the way up the side of my cube, in the back corner, on reef crest 100%. I programmed night mode but find it annoying that every night after powering down the pump I have to reset the start time for night mode - this is irritating after brief power outages or even sometimes routine maintenance where I power off the pumps.

At 100% in my 34g, reef crest suspends basically everything until the filter eventually gets it.

Osric

I am still trying to find a good setting..I think the Reefcrest mode sucks...It seems like its more on the low flow end of the speed way more then higher flow...I have been using the Lagoon mode at 100% and it makes ALOT of water movement. and then sometimes it seems to much and I have to dial it down a little.

During the day I have it on the Blue Short Pulse for the wave ... you will need to play around with the pulse to get the actual wave ... I run the pump 80-100% on my 90G during the day ...

Night I have it on Lagoon mode.

-David

how do you get it to switch from wave to lagoon for the night mode?

I just got a mp-29 for my 20l and I have mine about half way up the side, in the front projecting accross the tank. I have it set on lagoon at about 45%. Any more, and sand starts to move and some of the corals look like their taking a beating.

I think there still are some dead spots (under the power head for instance) and there seems to be an eddy that collects stuff on the surface over the power head.

I will need to fiddle a little more.

I am using reef crest @ 50% power. This is with a MP40W on a 30 gallon. I don't use night or feed modes, I turn all of my pumps off during feeding.

I tried wave mode but my crappy stand sways when there's a wave so I switched back to reef crest mode.

I have been using the mp20 since Nov08, now it is on a 40gal. Most of the time I leave it on lagoon at about 60%. I have been using the long pulse some recently and the animals seem to enjoy it. I turn it down a little when I use it.

As far as feeding is concerned, I find even feed mode is too much so I unplug it for a total coral feed. It would be nice if the feed mode shut it down completely.

I do have dead/slow spots and still use 2 korallia nanos and the return pump as well. Of those I use one to actually upset the flow and keep it from becoming linear in one area of the tank. I use the other nano at the surface to keep the scum pushed towards the overflow.

When I can afford it if ever. I will get either 2 MP40's and turn them down for even more control or I might add one or 2 MP10's and get rid of the Nano's.

Archived