Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tunzoe 9002 break in time?

Graver

just got a tunze to replace the garbage that RSM 130D calls a skimmer.

anyone have an experience with one? one kind of break in u have?

thanks

well it can take week some times but but from what i have experinced after tuning for a week you can pretty much get it running and going right. after the "brown scum" builds up on the skimmer cup tube the foam tends to build up easier so after about 3-4 week you will have the turn the air inlet down to compisate for the reduction in tention

Its been a little over a day and the Tunze is not producing any foam/skim yet, just bubbling below the neck still.

Is this normal?

Its been a little over a day and the Tunze is not producing any foam/skim yet, just bubbling below the neck still.

Is this normal?

It depends on your bioload. If nothing in your tank is polluting then there will be nothing to skim. I just put a Tunze 9002 in my new RSM on Friday and I had my first skimate on Saturday. This thing works 1000 times better than the stock skimmer. It produced more in one day than my RSM skimmer did in 3 weeks.

Every time I take mine apart to clean it, it refuses to skim for a few days to a week. It likes to be dirty (to a point), and will skim better and better as time goes along; that is, until the intakes/pump become clogged and you need to clean it. It always peeves me off to wait for it to break it, but whatcha gonna do? Patience... and while I'm waiting, I turn the screw to completely closed, then back it off only 1.5 turns, that usually is a good reference point for making adjustments once it's back skimming again...

did anyone get microbubbles during break in period?

thanks for the help....am so excited to have rid my tank of the crap stock skimmer

did anyone get microbubbles during break in period?

thanks for the help....am so excited to have rid my tank of the crap stock skimmer

Yes for a few days but mine had to do with the fact that it was missing the bottom cover to hold the pump in. I ordered it new from MD and Tunze USA took care of me. Now my tank is a happy camper.

trakmasterrs

does anybody notice that the water level has to be perfect in the back chambers for it to produce any foam? I have a topless BC29 and the evaps on that thing is crazy. water level will meet the requirement of the tunze 9002 for 3/4 of a day before i have to top a little off. i dont have an ATO, so how are everyone else's take on this?

does anybody notice that the water level has to be perfect in the back chambers for it to produce any foam? I have a topless BC29 and the evaps on that thing is crazy. water level will meet the requirement of the tunze 9002 for 3/4 of a day before i have to top a little off. i dont have an ATO, so how are everyone else's take on this?

invest in an ATO.

THe skimmer will work above the line but not much below.

I got the tunze 9002 for my rsm as well,but i hate it,it's noisy because of the bubbling inside the cup,the airline sometimes get's water in it so you hear a high suction noise and the quality of the plastic is just cheap.

SpankythePyro

mine isnt currently working, it was working and producing skimmate...i moved it down to compensate for water level, could it just be that i dont have anything to skim? im willing to bet water got in the tube tho most likely

Archived