Pod Your Reef

Crazy's 40g

crazydante23

Make the overflow into a Herbie method. Have just an open bulkhead for one of the drains with a ball valve on it. Control the flow with the ball valve so it is always submerged. Then use a longer pipe and extend the second bulkhead to above your general water level in your overflow. If the first gets clogged, the water level will rise and go into the emergency drain. The first one will be silent because it is an overflow.

crazydante23

I will try that method first,but I heard this method makes the water unstable as in fluctuations in the overflow or sump.

Im trying to use google sketch for a sump-refuge. It kind of hard to use. If anybody can help me please pm. I have a picture of it but the guy needs a clearer sketch.

crazydante23

omg, 650 views and only 29 comments and half are mine, lol.

how high of the tank should the light be? 250w mh and tank is 16 inches high. Im gonna build a diy light hanger so I need an estimate height since I wont be able to lift or lower after install.

crazydante23

lol, I guess we have different taste in girls. I love freaks, wild exotic freaky chicks. ummmmm. anyways back on topic.......

crazydante23

Well, I finished my stand, made my light holder and bought my sump. Just waiting on my return pump. But, I have bad news. As I was water testing the tank I discovered a tiny leak on the overflow box. The leak is three inches from the top

leak.jpg

leak002.jpg

Im gonna talk to my lfs and see what we can do about this issue.

Dang! Thats a bummer. Im an impatiant person, and would probably try to silicone the crap out of it just so I could get it cycled.

gulfsurfer101

Sucks to hear about that leak and hope you can get that fixed up soon. Did you ever get the plumbing down for your overflow, I'm having so much trouble trying to figure out what I'm going to do as far as plumbing goes overflow wise on my latest tank I'm setting up.

• 2 weeks later...
crazydante23

I got the tank fixed and the maker reinforced the overflow box and made me a top for the overflow compartment. Im very happy with his work and the awesome customer service he provided. I went with the herbie method and I love it. Zero bubbles and no noise, perfect. I was gonna go BB but was like Nahhhhh. I added 20lbs of black.

Archived