Innovative Marine Aquariums

chiller fan noise

nano-paul

My stupid chiller fan started squealing this morning. Does anybody know what I can use to lubricate it? I was thinking lithium, but wondered if anyone knows for sure.

masterbuilder

Bet bearing are dead...lube might help for a day or two. I would just replace it...its cheap....sure beats killing your chiller.

Bet bearing are dead...lube might help for a day or two. I would just replace it...its cheap....sure beats killing your chiller.

I thought of that, but its an eco plus chiller and I cant seem to find their website. I thought Sunlight supply made them, but no dice.

EDIT: Strike that. Eco plus does make it. Email sent.

masterbuilder

Not having a chiller I dont know what the fan is like...or what I am talking about.

BUT... thought it was like a computer fan. So... thought you could just take out the fan, get the maker and number off the fan, then get a replacement or similar (maybe better) one.

chiller fans are a pain in the ass with some brands. The brand you speak of are notorious for fan issues

i got the aqua euro 1/13 hp and so far so good but the bearings do go.....make sure you keep the filter clean and do regular up-keep to ensure the fans last a while

Archived