Pod Your Reef

Vortech news!

DaveFason

fastandsneaky
Sweet. If a Vortech nano is true, I'm gonna be so glad I didn't pull the trigger for a mp20. Further proof that patience pays off in this hobby! B)

If your gonna put it in your BC29 anything smaller than the mp20 might be a little weak. On that note, just because its a new and smaller pump means its a better buy than the mp20 and mp40w. I guess it depends on the application. If this is true, its probably a great buy for nanos but not sure much bigger. But we'll have to see the product. IM EXCITED!!!

If your gonna put it in your BC29 anything smaller than the mp20 might be a little weak. On that note, just because its a new and smaller pump means its a better buy than the mp20 and mp40w. I guess it depends on the application. If this is true, its probably a great buy for nanos but not sure much bigger. But we'll have to see the product. IM EXCITED!!!

would be cool in the <10g tanks.

Nano Vortech? How awesome would that be.

+1

If this is true , I am so scrapping my plans for the mp 20 in my picotope :D ! I Ccould turn it up past 2% . :D

Edit : This is so a Damn April fools joke !!!! :rant:

Very cool - I suspected this was coming. At a frag swap in February a EcoTech Marine rep mentioned they would be announcing a smaller Vortech in the Spring to go with a new website as well.

For those (like me) who bought a MP20 or 40 recently you really should not worry - they hold their value pretty well if you gotta sell it.

vincienzo45

I already have a Tunze 6025 and a MJ1200 for the output. I was contemplating on getting a mp20 also in there for wave making, but was worried that the flow would be overkill with all 3 in there. If a smaller, less powerful vortech model comes out it could be PERFECT for what I wanted to do.

chop chop matty

i may want to switch out my mp20... BIG.

:blush:

DIBS on your MP20 if that's the case, LOL!

Archived