And a new encrusting Purple Monti:

IMG_1475.jpg

FTS with the new permanent location for my Duncans:

IMG_1435.jpg

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blizzardscout2

I have a new batch of coral coming next week. I cant wait to get them in my aquarium! So far it will be a couple Mille's, Yellow scroll coral, and some new Monti's. Plus I might have landed a mini nem! This will probably be it for awhile as far as new corals go unless I frag my Zoas and trade; which is a very good possibility. They are growing like crazy now, so it would be cool to acquire new polyps to start growing!

blizzardscout2

Hey Nate, thanks! I just got the flowerpetal last week. I am a huge Monti fan so I plan on getting a lot more in my aquarium soon. I really like the Montis with different color polyps, I hope that it will develope more down the road.

blizzardscout2

Hey Jacob, thanks! I guess it doesnt take much to look better than what it did look like. :lol: Did you find a clam yet?

• 2 weeks later...
blizzardscout2

I got my shipment of new corals at the end of last week (finally posting, been busy), my beautiful Mini Carpet Nem is doing great! I placed it where I wanted it to stay and it made it's own little burrow in the substrate and hasnt moved since. I have fed it a few times to keep it happy so hopefully it wont move. I did also get a few new zoos and a cap monti. Now I am off to pick up the last coral I will be purchasing this year from someone local. I love Montis so I will be acquiring about 5 new types. I plan to make it a Monti tank, but I am also getting a few Milles (pink and blue). My Bali Green slimer has been doing great except from the little bit of die off, which I am unsure if it stopped or not. I think I will frag it just to be safe and glue it down somewhere in my tank. Wish me luck with my new corals!

blizzardscout2

Wait until you check out my new montis! I got some coral from a local guy with a 180 in wall aquarium, and got an Orange, Purple Rimmed, Green, Sunset, and another one that I forgot the name is (it is dark green cap). I got the Milles plus another that I dont know the name of (I got to write those down :rolleyes: ), and the yellow scroll. Plus as a bonus the large monti pieces had about 6 small brittle starfish on them.

I know, a thread without pics suck so I will post a lot of them tomorrow. :D

• 1 month later...
blizzardscout2
Did you change your bulb? Looks really nice and look at crowded space ;) Algaes are also going poof*

Yeah, the Sunpod came with an older bulb, so I replaced it with a 10k Ushio. I was going for growth over color since I plan on buying Evil's Actinic LED add on. It definitely looks much better than even 2 months ago, I keep pulling hair algae bi weekly to keep up with it, but it has diminished. It actually has been a good thing because I have a Mandarin that is staying nice and healthy from the Pods that reproduce in the algae and supplementation of Prawn roe that it also feeds on. All in all I cant complain about how far it has come since this summer. B)

Now I just need my Maze Coral to make a full recovery, slowly but surely.

blizzardscout2
corals are lookin really healthy....

gotta bit of algae tho.....

:mellow:

Thanks, as it turns out it takes awhile to go away. :lol:

blizzardscout2
Where did you get your false percs? They look beautiful

Thanks spencers, I got them at a LFS that I believe got them abroad, not sure the origin but I can find out.

blizzardscout2

I did a little maintenance tonight; the usual, pulled out filter floss, 20% WC. I have to work tomorrow, but I read up on Stevie T's glueing technique (thanks masterbuilder and Stevie!) and I have decided to try it, so I will do a little rearranging of things... :ninja:

blizzardscout2

Still working on rearranging things... I did, however, add some Chemi Pure Elite today after performing a 10% WC, and I received my new Auto Top Off unit. Tomorrow I will set it up, it would be nice to not have to mess with my tank for at least a few days. I keep having problems getting my nitrates down to 0, they were at 10ppm today. I took my Mandarin back to the LFS for their coral tank so I wont have to pollute my water just to feed him. He will be happier there, and I wont have to perform as many WCs. :happy: So long buddy...

blizzardscout2

After testing my water this AM, 0 nitrates! So I will be super careful not to overfeed, and to perform weekly WCs on time. I will monitor my nitrate levels over the next few days to make sure it stays there. My SPS have looked a little stressed so this should help them recover. :happy:

Oh and more new SPS coral and minor aquascape change revealed tonight...

:ninja:

blizzardscout2

Well I didnt get done what I wanted to do today, but I did put in my nifty ATO, with a 3 gallon resevoir in my stand. So that will make things much more stable as far as salinity goes and I wont have to constantly add RO water. :D

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

And a new FTS with a minor aquascape adjustment...

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

blizzardscout2

I did a little rearranging of a few things, a little moving, a little glueing.....

:ninja:

I got a little distracted watching a movie and didnt snap any pics before the light turned off. New pics to come on Sunday.

Archived