SaltCritters.com

Deltec MCE600 on JBJ 24g?

Klownfish

Has anyone tried to put a Deltec MCE600 on a JBJ 24g nano cube?

I have an open top, with a Sunpod 150HQI, so height shouldn't be a problem.

I have a AquaC Nano right now, and I want a serious plug-and-play upgrade. Has anyone got any advice here? I'm looking to over-skim the tank, as I would like to add some very heavy feeders, Frogfish, or Anemone propagation.

Thanks in advance for any/all help provided.

:)

chironerd21

I read somewhere... maybe not on this forum... some dude use that skimmer on his 30 gallon Long tank...

He did heavily stocked his tank with SPS..... so who knows...

I read somewhere... maybe not on this forum... some dude use that skimmer on his 30 gallon Long tank...

He did heavily stocked his tank with SPS..... so who knows...

Thanks.

It was used on TOTM NANO, on RC. He used it on his nano, and the tank looked great. I wondered if I would need to mod anything to make it fit on the back... and if so, what?

It's so hard to find a good skimmer that works well with a all-in-one nano. Otherwise, I'd just go drop a load of dough on a BK, and be done with it!

chironerd21

Go with a Tunze 9002.... it will fit in your JBJ tank... since you have the Sunpod..so i assume your hood is off.

For 150 buxs... its like the best skimmer at that price range...

Bubble King? They make skimmers for your tank, aren't they all in-sump skimmers?? Do you have a sump? If you do... it seem like you got more options then....

The Tunze would certainly be an upgrade over a remora nano... but if money is no object, then go for it. Consider the MCE-300, for nearly half the price the only real difference is not being able to run carbon or chemi-pure in the skimmer (like you can with the MCE-600). And it would still overskim a tank that size, by quite a bit.

Bubble King? They make skimmers for your tank, aren't they all in-sump skimmers?? Do you have a sump? If you do... it seem like you got more options then....

^^^^^My bad... attempt at humor.

No, I don't have a sump, I have an all-in-one JBJ 24g nano, without a plumbed sump. A BK is such overkill, I was trying to be humorous. OK, not funny. :mellow:

The Tunze would certainly be an upgrade over a remora nano... but if money is no object, then go for it. Consider the MCE-300, for nearly half the price the only real difference is not being able to run carbon or chemi-pure in the skimmer (like you can with the MCE-600). And it would still overskim a tank that size, by quite a bit.

I was going to buy the MCE300, but the pump on it is very irregular. It's an MJ1000. I've been told if it goes bad, you can't just use a MJ900, or a MJ1200.

PLUS, the guy at my LFS said they have been waiting on a replacement pump for a guy for over 2 months, and they are a Deltec Dealer! These MJ1000 pumps are used quite a lot in the UK, but in the US on that one skimmer.

I looked at the Tunze, but I saw a few mixed reviews on them. The jury appeared to be still out...? Ditto for the Euro-Reef Nano.

As for Tunze as a whole, I have several of their smaller pumps, and they have been nothing but trouble. I will not buy the 6025, 6045, or 6055 again.

Archived