SaltCritters.com

Made swap from CC to SD, with SD to spare

Quash

So I took out all of my CC (crushed coral) and got me some SD (southdown) i got a 50 lb bag and only used between 15-20 lbs. My final question is, wtf do i do with my 15 lbs of CC and leftover SD. Im guessing if its cheap to ship out SD since its so hard to find, I would be willing to, in exchange for some type of frag, or something like that.

Anyone living in Texas, preferably close to Austin I got 30+ lbs of SD if anyone interested.

Back to the question what should I do with my CC?

Reefer_Buddha

My sandbed is cc + aragonite. If you have nothing to do with it keep it in a bucket and maybe use it in a fuge or quarantine tank. But if i remember quarantine tanks need to be stripped down to almost nothing.

Yup, I got a coupla buckets, all rock in one bucket, siphoned out all the water. dumped out the CC into a bucket. put the sand in with a cup of my CC to seed it, arranged the rock to the way it was before. siphoned the water back in, minus some for my water change. Added snails.

and lemme say, almost 10 gallons minus the displacement from rocks and sand. Makes for at least 80 pounds to lift. Do not try to lift a bucket of water above the tank so you can siphon. I busted a serious strongman skill. I had no idea it would be that heavy, let alone lift it without spilling water. I ended up taking out some water, cause I planned to do the WC.

Archived