Coral Vue Hydros

Damsel + Clownfish = OK???

peppermint22

dude damsels usually turn out to be little terrors, and the problem is that when they do it's hard to get them out. you will probably have to move stuff around to get to him.

I have a yellow tailed damsel and a maroon clown in a 29, they get along fine.... the clown is about 3x bigger than the damsel.

i had a yellow tail damsel (big for a yellow tall 1 1/2 inch)

and a yellow strip maroon (big 3-4inch had him 3 years) in a 37

the damsel would slap the clown with his tail

and the clown would head bunt the damsel with his mouth open occasionaly ripping of a piece of fin

untill one day when i was feeding the fish

the damsel slaped him one time too many and I witnessed the clown somehow get a good hold of the damsel buy the tail swam down to the bottom and bashed him over and over again by the time he let go the yellow tail wasn't swimming to well and did not make it

Moral of the Story - Don't #### off your clown...or you'll be sleeping with the fishes........whew!

It would depend on if they found individual territories or not. If they see the same rock or anemone as home....."Lets get ready to Rumble!". However, if they go in together and are small, they'll proly be fine.

i have a blue-green damsel and a tomato in my 120 and they get along perfectly, swim together most of the time... of course i have a coral beauty and a bi-color angel and they swim together too...

in a larger tank, they can get along fine, but in smaller tanks they run out of territorial space.

i will agree though that tomatos can be mean...

I have a small perc and a equally sized yellow tail in a 20 long and after a week or 2 of minor nipping they mostly get along fine now. But, if one or the other wanders down to the goby's zone....look out...goby don't take no crap. :)

Archived